The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by Nomee on June 5th 2012, 4:31 pm

Hi,

Today my forum been banned by Onlineguardian, since my forum was not breaking TOS of Forumotion, I desinged forum to help students in their studies and definitely many students and teachers were participating in forum activities to share knowledge, I provided only screenshots for books that are used in different subjects infect there is no even a single download link provided on my Forum for any book , I just mentioned screenshots for students satisfaction that they come to know that what about the text they need, I have not provided any download link that,s why because I knew it,s violation of Forumotion TOS, I just provide information and if any student need data they get from me by email.

I am really shocked to see my forum banned by Onlineguardian, and it,s injustice I earn.

Will any administrator tell me the area of my forum which is violating the TOS because I did care about not violating any TOS and my forum was designed to help students ,without warning and no email send before doing this, I just want to know the sort of violation my forum been practised, I instant remove any vulgur comment posted by user, I instant remove any other post which was violating TOS and banned that member, so why did I care about this all if forum need to be banned with the reason that are useless.

Thank you very much !

Nomee
Forumember

Male Posts : 384
Reputation : 80
Language : Urdu,English
Location : Pakistan

http://www.businessfellows.biz

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by Leviosa on June 5th 2012, 5:00 pm

Hello,

You breaked the rules by providing copies of copyrighted books.
We received an official complaint of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act. When this kind of complaint is sent, Online Guardian is forced to take immediately the needed measures to block this kind of content.

You are supposed to know that copyrighted content is forbidden, even if you didn't have a malicious intention. Wink

Thanks

Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15587
Reputation : 1589
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by S-t-e-v-e- on June 5th 2012, 5:28 pm

you should at least give them day notice to remove it blackeye that pretty bad are our forum safe on forumotion if they just delete your forum without a notice yes we know the rules but some post do slip the net some at time....

S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Posts : 450
Reputation : 6
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by Leviosa on June 5th 2012, 5:43 pm

@S-t-e-v-e- wrote:you should at least give them day notice to remove it blackeye that pretty bad are our forum safe on forumotion if they just delete your forum without a notice yes we know the rules but some post do slip the net some at time....

Hello,

When it's possible and when the content isn't too serious, a warning is sent.

In that case, I remind that we have receive an official complaint that don't let us the time to give to the admin a chance to remove the illegal content.

That's why all admins have to be careful with the content of their forum.

Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15587
Reputation : 1589
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by S-t-e-v-e- on June 5th 2012, 6:00 pm

so our forum aren't safe and if you want a forum with forumotion you have to live on it 24/7 to make sure no copyrighted stuff is posted on it, blackeye sound like it mistake to have a forum on forumotion... serious copyright issue forumotion should give the admin at least get day or even half day to put it right before deletion happens.

S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Posts : 450
Reputation : 6
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by Nomee on June 5th 2012, 6:20 pm

Leeloo wrote:Hello,

You breaked the rules by providing copies of copyrighted books.
We received an official complaint of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act. When this kind of complaint is sent, Online Guardian is forced to take immediately the needed measures to block this kind of content.

You are supposed to know that copyrighted content is forbidden, even if you didn't have a malicious intention. Wink

Thanks

Hi Leeloo,

Thanks for your prompt reply but as I already mentioned that my forum was not providing any download link for any book and I knew the TOS so I did care about all you mentioned,please show me any post of my forum which is providing copies of books, there is not even a single download link for any book.

I do respect the TOS of forumotion and I had 8500+ registered members on my forum and all are participating for educational discussion not for business.

It means Forumotion is not safe and secure , I put my effort for the forum and that,s the result I earned.

Please lemme know the post which is providing download link for a single book.


Thanks.

Nomee
Forumember

Male Posts : 384
Reputation : 80
Language : Urdu,English
Location : Pakistan

http://www.businessfellows.biz

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by S-t-e-v-e- on June 5th 2012, 6:36 pm

Rideem3 wrote:
@S-t-e-v-e- wrote:so our forum aren't safe and if you want a forum with forumotion you have to live on it 24/7 to make sure no copyrighted stuff is posted on it, blackeye sound like it mistake to have a forum on forumotion... serious copyright issue forumotion should give the admin at least get day or even half day to put it right before deletion happens.

How did you piece that information together from the information given? It's your responsibility as a forum owner to what content is posted, not Forumotion's. When you clicked the "I agree to these terms" button when signing up for a forum, you automatically digitally signed a contract that you do. If you can't comply with those terms, you shouldn't make a forum. Wink

you clearly haven't read my post properly, like i said no one can look after a forum 24/7 dont matter what been agree and some post do slip the net if you have a huge forum like this one or even my. i have a huge team but every post cant be look after because we have lives from away from the net...forumotion if get a complain should at least give warning before any deletion.... even it's only half day one before a deletion

S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Posts : 450
Reputation : 6
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by S-t-e-v-e- on June 5th 2012, 6:42 pm

so you agreeing with me forumotion forum are not safe!! because if any copyrighted stuff get posted and by chance isn't seen becasue you getting getting 600 plus post per day you could loose your forum blackeye

blackeye maybe it's time move to my own forum blackeye

S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Posts : 450
Reputation : 6
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by Nomee on June 5th 2012, 6:47 pm

@S-t-e-v-e- wrote:so you agreeing with me forumotion forum are not safe!! because if any copyrighted stuff get posted and by chance isn't seen becasue you getting getting 600 plus post per day you could loose your forum blackeye

blackeye maybe it's time move to my own forum blackeye

With due respect and sorry to say that it,s useless to put effort on forums hosted by forumtion, I know my words may be considered harsh by Forumtion Administrator but truly saying I did not have 1 single download link for any book and I think forumotion is bound to ban any forum by supporting one side party.

I repeat again that please show me a single post in which I or any of my member was providing download link, even there was no download link from any other file hosting website.


Nomee
Forumember

Male Posts : 384
Reputation : 80
Language : Urdu,English
Location : Pakistan

http://www.businessfellows.biz

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by S-t-e-v-e- on June 5th 2012, 6:51 pm

did you post some typing from another website or book?

poor from forumotion they should at lest give you on warning and telling you where the copyrighted stuff ...

S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Posts : 450
Reputation : 6
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by Darren1 on June 5th 2012, 7:04 pm

Hi,

I'm not a staff member of forumotion, however, I can guess with pretty good accuracy, from what Leeloo has said (In this thread), and what you have said, that you are intentionally providing purchased material for free, which is just as bad as providing download links.

Your provided screenshots of a book. That publishing company wants people to buy their book, and your providing it for free. Every other sovereign state of the world calls that Illegal, and so does ForuMotion.

I am sorry that this was the way, however, you did break the law.
( Digital Millenium Copyright Act )

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Reputation : 563
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by S-t-e-v-e- on June 5th 2012, 7:42 pm

no wonder why forumotion as a bad name.

S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Posts : 450
Reputation : 6
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by Sanket on June 5th 2012, 7:43 pm

S-t-e-v-e-, i will exactly answer your worries. You don't have to monitor your forum 24/7, For example if its a discussion forum about movies. However, if you have a subforum named Movie Downloads. It exactly explains the intent of having that subforum which exactly disrespects the TOS. This type, does not need monitoring because its been created by the admin of the forum.

Also, if you have a general discussion area on your forum & someone randomly posts a thread with a download link then you might receive a warning & your forum won't be deleted directly. Hope you understand now, what the difference exactly is. Wink

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by S-t-e-v-e- on June 5th 2012, 7:46 pm

@Sanket wrote:S-t-e-v-e-, i will exactly answer your worries. You don't have to monitor your forum 24/7, For example if its a discussion forum about movies. However, if you have a subforum named Movie Downloads. It exactly explains the intent of having that subforum which exactly disrespects the TOS. This type, does not need monitoring because its been created by the admin of the forum.

Also, if you have a general discussion area on your forum & someone randomly posts a thread with a download link then you might receive a warning & your forum won't be deleted directly. Hope you understand now, what the difference exactly is. Wink

Smile well thank you..

S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Posts : 450
Reputation : 6
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by Derri on June 5th 2012, 9:25 pm

@Darren1 wrote:Hi,

I'm not a staff member of forumotion, however, I can guess with pretty good accuracy, from what Leeloo has said (In this thread), and what you have said, that you are intentionally providing purchased material for free, which is just as bad as providing download links.

Your provided screenshots of a book. That publishing company wants people to buy their book, and your providing it for free. Every other sovereign state of the world calls that Illegal, and so does ForuMotion.

I am sorry that this was the way, however, you did break the law.
( Digital Millenium Copyright Act )

Forums get closed of screenshots? Really.

So let me get this straight. If i post up pages from a book that is not my own or even the front cover of a book, it is considered copyright.

Sorry but FM is a good service however if we own forums should we not be getting contacted first? I mean give us a CHANCE to re write our wrongs.

I mean you would delete forums that cause no immediate threat to anyone. I am sorry but I am actually worried about this the TOS are detailed and accurate but in no way tell you how much length they go to.

I feel as if I am worried about forums been closed because anything copyrighted and your forums could get shut down.

Overall I am rather disturbed by this.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8386
Reputation : 577
Language : English & Basic French
Location : Scotland, United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by SLGray on June 5th 2012, 9:30 pm

If you post any copyrighted images or screenshots of copyrighted material, you are breaking the Terms of Services. What Leeloo was saying is that one of the companies that makes the books filed a complain.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36735
Reputation : 2447
Language : English
Location : United States

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by Derri on June 5th 2012, 9:54 pm

slg wrote:If you post any copyrighted images or screenshots of copyrighted material, you are breaking the Terms of Services. What Leeloo was saying is that one of the companies that makes the books filed a complain.

And it would be impossible to allow 24 hours for the forum makers to remove the content and not destroy a community?

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8386
Reputation : 577
Language : English & Basic French
Location : Scotland, United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by Nomee on June 5th 2012, 10:10 pm

slg wrote:If you post any copyrighted images or screenshots of copyrighted material, you are breaking the Terms of Services. What Leeloo was saying is that one of the companies that makes the books filed a complain.

Providing screenshots does not mean that I was providing copyrighted material,that screenshots were not for complete page even and I was not providing all in screenshots and it,s not possible for me to upload screenshots for whole book and there are thousands of books,If administrator of forumotion tells something to member with the help of screenshot (though that screenshot belongs to any company like youtube,or any paid company)so it does not mean that Administrators are breaking TOS , so I think there is a huge difference in TOS of Forumotion and what Onlineguardian done.

If i was doing illegal activity I was happy by this act because I was at mistake , To be very true I personally lost my trust on forumotion what I had, I do not know why Staff of Forumtion is trying to defend themselves instead of being neutral ????


Nomee
Forumember

Male Posts : 384
Reputation : 80
Language : Urdu,English
Location : Pakistan

http://www.businessfellows.biz

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by SLGray on June 5th 2012, 10:21 pm

You can contest the decision by pressing the Contest This Decision button on the Onlineguardian page.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36735
Reputation : 2447
Language : English
Location : United States

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by Nomee on June 5th 2012, 10:29 pm

slg wrote:You can contest the decision by pressing the Contest This Decision button on the Onlineguardian page.

Yes, I have done !

But if any matter was not given importance before then I thing it,s useless for me to hope for best. Forumotion can easily ban any forum I know. I think there is no difference between Forumotion and Google adsense program,both can do anything without notice and that,s the public trust which Forumotion do not care.

Nomee
Forumember

Male Posts : 384
Reputation : 80
Language : Urdu,English
Location : Pakistan

http://www.businessfellows.biz

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by +Fusion- on June 5th 2012, 11:48 pm

Can u guys check my forum real quick? make sure everything is ok, i dont want to lose my forum, ive spent 5 months on it so far

+Fusion-
Forumember

Male Posts : 252
Reputation : 4
Language : English
Location : Flying

http://www.xcodezz.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by Base on June 5th 2012, 11:50 pm

Fusion, I can see some PSP torrent and movie download sections which are strictly against our terms of service. As the forum owner, you are responsible for what is on your forum. I suggest you remove those sections immediately.

Please see our TOS here on what's acceptable if you do not want your forum to be banned: http://www.forumotion.com/en/create-forum/terms-of-service.htm

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Reputation : 1687
Language : English and French
Location : United Kingdom, England

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by +Fusion- on June 5th 2012, 11:52 pm

Thank you so muchm i will remove those sections immediately

Wii codes are allowed tho, right?

+Fusion-
Forumember

Male Posts : 252
Reputation : 4
Language : English
Location : Flying

http://www.xcodezz.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by Base on June 5th 2012, 11:58 pm

Any other downloads, hacks or ISOs will also need to be removed. The rest is up to you, since I'm not responsible for what's on your forum.

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Reputation : 1687
Language : English and French
Location : United Kingdom, England

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by +Fusion- on June 6th 2012, 12:07 am

Ok thanks i will scavenger the forum

+Fusion-
Forumember

Male Posts : 252
Reputation : 4
Language : English
Location : Flying

http://www.xcodezz.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by Nomee on June 6th 2012, 9:34 am

Why do not forumotion ban the forums which are violating the TOS openly and I am very desperate to say that such forums are working and Forumotion ,even OnlineGuardian is ignoring, Forumotion has no criteria for banning or deleting forums,It,s unsafe and not secure, It,s useless to put efforts on Forumotion forum, and I hope that soon Forumotion 60% forums will be banned or deleted bacause Forumotion itself has no criteria.

Lemme show an example for Forumotion Administrator and Wow Forumotion have not banned yet, is it being supported by Forumotion ?


In my first search of Forumotion forums, this forum is openly violating the TOS as they are providing Bombers,Flooders,Hacking tips,using multi ID to spam people ant many other boards,and they are providing the download link too, so is it legal ????

What,s the justice of Forumotion.... Amazing !

My forum banned since I was not violating TOS and such forums are working infect there is openly violation of Forumotion of TOS.

I think forumotion need to clarify their criteria more otherwise the 60% forums will be banned and deleted .

Forumotion cliams to be a company but sorry to say that it,s ambiguous and totally unsafe.

Nomee
Forumember

Male Posts : 384
Reputation : 80
Language : Urdu,English
Location : Pakistan

http://www.businessfellows.biz

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by Leviosa on June 6th 2012, 10:07 am

@Nomee wrote:Why do not forumotion ban the forums which are violation the TOS openly and I am very refused to say that such forums are working and Forumotion ,even OnlineGuardian is ignoring, Forumotion has no criteria for banning or deleting forums,It,s unsafe and not secure, It,s useless to put efforts on Forumotion forum, and I hope that soon Forumotion 60% forums will be banned or deleted bacause Forumotion itself has no criteria.

Lemme show an example for Forumotion Administrator and Wow Forumotion have not banned yet, is it being supported by Forumotion ?


In my first search of Forumotion forums, this forum is openly violating the TOS as they are providing Bombers,Flooders,Hacking tips,using multi ID to spam people ant many other boards,and they are providing the download link too, so is it legal ????

What,s the justice of Forumotion.... Amazing !

My forum banned since I was not violating TOS and such forums are working infect there is openly violation of Forumotion of TOS.

I think forumotion need to clarify their criteria more otherwise the 60% forums will be banned and deleted .

Forumotion cliams to be a company but sorry to say that it,s ambiguous and totally unsafe.

Hello,

You seem to be very angry, but Forumotion has never supported any illegal forums.

Let me explain to you another time how it works.

When a litigation is sent on a forum, the forum is verified and if the complaint is justified, there are 2 possible cases : you can receive a warning if you have some illegal contents and you have a chance to remove it, OR the forum is totally illegal (like porn forum for example) and the forum is banned without warning.

I repeat that your case is completely different because an official complaint from the DMCA was sent. It means that the law required us to remove the forum and its content immediately.
And you just forgot to say that there were many sections and many topics with screenshots.
I know you had no bad intention and you were trying to help people. But yes, the screenshots were illegal because they go against the copyrights law.

Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15587
Reputation : 1589
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by Nomee on June 6th 2012, 5:33 pm

Leeloo wrote:
@Nomee wrote:Why do not forumotion ban the forums which are violation the TOS openly and I am very refused to say that such forums are working and Forumotion ,even OnlineGuardian is ignoring, Forumotion has no criteria for banning or deleting forums,It,s unsafe and not secure, It,s useless to put efforts on Forumotion forum, and I hope that soon Forumotion 60% forums will be banned or deleted bacause Forumotion itself has no criteria.

Lemme show an example for Forumotion Administrator and Wow Forumotion have not banned yet, is it being supported by Forumotion ?


In my first search of Forumotion forums, this forum is openly violating the TOS as they are providing Bombers,Flooders,Hacking tips,using multi ID to spam people ant many other boards,and they are providing the download link too, so is it legal ????

What,s the justice of Forumotion.... Amazing !

My forum banned since I was not violating TOS and such forums are working infect there is openly violation of Forumotion of TOS.

I think forumotion need to clarify their criteria more otherwise the 60% forums will be banned and deleted .

Forumotion cliams to be a company but sorry to say that it,s ambiguous and totally unsafe.

Hello,

You seem to be very angry, but Forumotion has never supported any illegal forums.

Let me explain to you another time how it works.

When a litigation is sent on a forum, the forum is verified and if the complaint is justified, there are 2 possible cases : you can receive a warning if you have some illegal contents and you have a chance to remove it, OR the forum is totally illegal (like porn forum for example) and the forum is banned without warning.

I repeat that your case is completely different because an official complaint from the DMCA was sent. It means that the law required us to remove the forum and its content immediately.
And you just forgot to say that there were many sections and many topics with screenshots.
I know you had no bad intention and you were trying to help people. But yes, the screenshots were illegal because they go against the copyrights law.

Okay !

Release my domain which I bought through Forumotion. I gonna leave this platform ,so need to get my domain.

Is there any special procedure to release domain or should I send PM to anyone ?

Lemme know about this.

Nomee
Forumember

Male Posts : 384
Reputation : 80
Language : Urdu,English
Location : Pakistan

http://www.businessfellows.biz

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by Sanket on June 6th 2012, 6:33 pm


Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forum banned by OnlineGuardian

Post by Dorcks on June 7th 2012, 4:03 pm

redeem it's not very understanding he keeps going on about te same thing
Without a human and logical answer,where do forumotions find this people
And give them these ranks ??? God knows !

Dorcks
New Member

Posts : 11
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum