The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Disable text colour for normal registered users

View previous topic View next topic Go down

78% 78% 
[ 7 ]
22% 22% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 9

Disable text colour for normal registered users

Post by Ryanette on June 18th 2012, 11:19 pm

I've seen like, A MILLION times this:
user X please don't use Y colour as it's reserved for moderators(.)
Yeah, yeah, it's repetitive, right? A single quote won't make the user stop using it, will it? And then thus issuing a warning which isn't their fault. It's the forum's fault for making the colour selection viewable to members. An excellent way to prevent users from using the colour selection is to just keep it at the default black for them and to show nothing else. Same goes for bold if abused, why have them there when users can just use them, hm?

Last edited by Ryanette on June 19th 2012, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Ryanette
Forumember

Male Posts : 135
Language : English (British)

http://www.devforumz.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Disable text colour for normal registered users

Post by Darren1 on June 19th 2012, 1:33 am

Nice new name Ryan

Honestly, I think it should be the RULE removed.

You are allowed some Bold and colour, but only a small amount, up to and inclusive of 15% of the post.

I, hereby, raise my non-existent glass of beer and yell "here here" and vote for this Very good
(think of it as making less work for the mods to do...great thing sing your always busy, right?)

I sadly don't see this being passed though, there's a feeling that goes around here that still exists today that says "don't change the rules....unless your making it worse for the members"

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ on June 19th 2012, 5:16 am

@Ryanette wrote:I've seen like, A MILLION times this:
user X please don't use Y colour as it's reserved for moderators(.)
Yeah, yeah, it's repetitive, right? A single quote won't make the user stop using it, will it? And then thus issuing a warning which isn't their fault. It's the forum's fault for making the colour selection viewable to members. An excellent way too prevent users from using the colour selection is to just keep it at the default black for them and to show nothing else. Same goes for bold, why have them there when users can just use them, hm?

@Darren1 wrote:Nice new name Ryan

You are allowed some Bold and colour, but only a small amount, up to and inclusive of 15% of the post.

I, hereby, raise my non-existent glass of beer and yell "here here" and vote for this Very good
(think of it as making less work for the mods to do...great thing sing your always busy, right?)

I sadly don't see this being passed though, there's a feeling that goes around here that still exists today that says "don't change the rules....unless your making it worse for the members"

I strongly agree with both of yous. Voted yes, salut

Sir Chivas™
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6756
Language : English, Spanish, and French

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanette on June 19th 2012, 12:01 pm

@Darren1 wrote:Nice new name Ryan

Thanks, Darren. You totally need a messenger like yahoo or msn.

Ryanette
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanette on June 22nd 2012, 9:16 pm

another 100... Please don't use bold or color. Please keep to the default text. This is reserved for the staff for moderation.

Ryanette
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on June 28th 2012, 2:08 pm

Well first of all changing the text color of a post can be done by using bbcode or html, and the text editor is not needed. I never use the text editor myself for that. So removing the "color picker" feature from the text editor is not going to solve anything, people can still write it themselves. So in effect what you are suggesting forumotion to do is disable the ability for members to use bbcode and html. Although I think html is already disabled. If bbcode is disabled then they will not be able to post codes and screenshots.

So this suggestion will not work because they will never disable coding for the members because its needed for the support forums.

I do think its silly to ask members continually over and over again not to use bold or color text. And the statement by Darren1 about you can add bold and color "up to and inclusive of 15% of the post" is just plain ridiculous and absurd. No one is going to break out there calculator and check to see if its 15%.

I would suggest that nowhere is the 15% rule written. That is Darren1's imagination running away with him again..lol

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on August 7th 2012, 9:31 am

Well, members would abuse the bold & color if the rule was not in place. We expect a certain decorum for the way how this forum looks. It should not be unpleasing & difficult to read for even the members, who would like to answer. Hence, such a rule is in place. Also, we are not going to disable the color for members.

About the the 15% thing, we can't have a certain amount for this. Its either a black or white issue. I Agree with runawayhorses on this completely.

This suggestion is hereby being Refused & Locked

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum