The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Navbar rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Navbar rules

Post by DustyBones on June 19th 2012, 9:19 pm

Since This thread was locked and I'd like to respond to this, I'll make a post here.

Regarding Navbars
Drogba921 wrote:They aren't forum specific because all nav bars are generic and can be used on almost any forum, which is why you cannot request for them. Banners are forum specific since they require text for the logo which relates directly to the forum. You might want to think before you post that.

You are correct about banners and logos so your right, I should have thought before posting that.

But according to your argument that would make topic icons, post reply buttons, ranks, twitter/facebook icons, forum icons also generic as they can all be used for any forum. I see lots of requests and proposals for all these. So you might of wanted to think before giving that reason..

I'll probably get a warning or ban for bringing this back up, so be it.. I really don't care to contribute or belong to anywhere that I can't help out a fellow member in need especially via a PM, and over some graphic which hurt no one and was not immoral or improper in any way.

Sorry to see this forum provider get so ridiculous and petty...

DustyBones
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1225
Reputation : 516
Language : English
Location : Washington, USA

http://raps-graphics.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Navbar rules

Post by Mike on June 19th 2012, 10:12 pm

@DustyBones wrote:Since This thread was locked and I'd like to respond to this, I'll make a post here.

The thread was locked for a reason, this should have been taken to PM, not here.

@DustyBones wrote:
But according to your argument that would make topic icons, post reply buttons, ranks, twitter/facebook icons, forum icons also generic as they can all be used for any forum. I see lots of requests and proposals for all these. So you might of wanted to think before giving that reason..

Topic Icons -> Specific to forum by including images that are needed to belong to the specific type of forum, and needed in some specific animations that relate to the forum that it corresponds to. Specific sizes also matter when making topic icons depending on the forum version since some forum versions have a max size for this icons whereas others do not.

Post Reply Buttons -> Can be modified for text depending on the type of forum, aswell as the images that are in the background of the buttons.

Twitter / Facebook Icons -> as you can see by recent requests these are also needed to be customized for certain forums. We've had a request that needed camo for a military forum, as you can see this is forum specific.

Navbars are the same text for any type of forum, all you need are the buttons and you're set to go, so they are not forum specific.

@DustyBones wrote: I really don't care to contribute or belong to anywhere that I can't help out a fellow member in need especially via a PM, and over some graphic which hurt no one and was not immoral or improper in any way.

You're able to contribute, but the graphics rules are there for a reason. If we don't offer nav bar requests, this doesn't mean that you can tell the user to PM you clearly infront of the forum moderator and tell him/her that you'll complete the request via pm. This clearly shows that you're both breaking the rules and have no respect for said rules that are in place.

@DustyBones wrote:Sorry to see this forum provider get so ridiculous and petty...

I fail to see why one small issue which isn't even an issue is making you feel this way.

Regards,
drogba921

Mike
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 4242
Reputation : 466
Language : English, HTML, CSS
Location : Bozeman, Montana

Back to top Go down

Re: Navbar rules

Post by Derri on July 3rd 2012, 1:56 pm

Guys. navigation bar requests are now allowed in the Graphics Request Section under the subforum "Other"

Here was the suggestion that was approved. http://help.forumotion.com/t109296-bring-back-navigation-bar-creations-requests


Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Reputation : 571
Language : English & Basic French
Location : Scotland, United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum