The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Portal name change

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress Portal name change

Post by Yudan on June 28th 2012, 12:49 pm

Hello fellow persons of the awesomness of Forumotion!

OK so this may seem simple to some but it's been bugging the crap outta me.

Im trying to change name of portal. NOT the actual name. I know I can rename it in the modules and cal it index or entry or gateway etc.

Im running firefox and i have it as a favorite tab. Well I recently changed the name of the forum.
Note: I didn't pay for the domain.

So when I saved it infront of portal it still has the original site name which was Anime Times

So the tab on my FF has Anime Times - Portal

IS their a way to change something in the admin panel or manually to make it say : Furry Crossing - Portal

Thank you for your help I am sincerely grateful to whomever is able to help. If not thanks anyways lol

If you need the link it is as followed.

Edit: kirk
Email addresses removed.

~*~*~
Tabby-Cat
PRIMARY:
SECONDARY:

Furry Crossing

Yudan

Female Posts : 5
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Portal name change

Post by kirk on June 28th 2012, 5:50 pm

Please do not post email addresses in the public.

Have you tried to un-install the portal for a day or two then re-install it.
I am not sure where the title would be if it's not in with your forums name and description. i actully have almost the same problem with one ofmy test forums, but was unsure if mine was left in title tags from a template edit i might have done?

Anyway try ti un-install then re-install the portal and see if that helps?

be sure you do not have any scripts on the portal page with title tags in it as well.

<title>Your title would be in between like this </title>

Not sure if that is it though, Smile so take a look and also try to un-install/re-install

Oh and thats the only page it's on right?

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yudan on June 28th 2012, 7:40 pm

ACK! sorry! >< Didn't know i wasn't supposed to. Just trying to give other email options. most of those are my spams anyways lol

I haven't tried to uninstall but I have now So I will try to reinstall it in the next few days and see if that doesn't work.

Didn't use any scrips that I'm aware. If I have to I will probably make one to override it if at all possible. scratch

Looked again it's not just the portal it's the home page too! So just the portal & home Page is having the name problem when opened in tabs. Confused

Just uninstalled. I'll try to reinstall after work and if that doesn't work then I will wait a longer period before re0installing.

Did you know a preferred time? 24 hours? or 72?
You mentioned you had a similar problem?

Yudan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yudan on July 2nd 2012, 4:03 am

tried to do it after 2 days time maybe 3 and still has the Anime Times on the portal and home page.

... any ideas? lol I guess I can just ignore it but if you know a way lemme know! ^___^ THANK YOU!!!

Yudan

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on July 2nd 2012, 3:40 pm

yeah i am not sure?
do you still have the old forum name in the directory?

This will have to be passed on to a pro admin, i have had the same problem before of one of my test forums and cant seem to find a way to fix it either. Plus i just changed the name of another forum and the old name is still remaining, so there has to be something else that has to be done somewhere.. it may be in your forums utilities tool?

kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yudan on July 3rd 2012, 4:18 am

WELL I have some good news :wouhou: and some bad news! bwi

OK so to change the home name I went to

DISPLAY > TEMPLATES > GENERAL > MODIFY OVERALL_HEADER > LINE4 TITLE NAME

Then after I changed it had to publish it under the actions. then when I refreshed the actual home it was fixed! ^^

Now the bad news was I can't yet find it for the Portal page. Cause I cant find a header for the Portal. But still looking. ^__^ High hopes!

Thanks for the help I hope this helps you for future reference!

will post again when i find the portal header/title! banana

Hold that thought when I did edit it for the general it changed portal to the same thing. So it works just instead of it saying portal on the page it says home along with what you renamed the title.

^^ thank you for your help I consider this SOLVED!

Yudan

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on July 3rd 2012, 4:24 am

haha LOL!!! i dint even think of doing Razz although i did ask if you had title tags. (silly)

Yeah all you have to do is just add the title tag to your portal template and that should do the trick.

add it to the top of the page of all the portal templates if you want.

Code:
<title>YOUR TITLE HERE </title>

It still dose not explain why the name will not change when you change it in your admin panel, But that should provide a easy fix Smile If not then we will get a pro admin on it Smile

I think whatever site name you used when creating the forum, it will still remain like that in your forums utilities and would have to be changed there.. But i will have to still look and test that as well. because for me changing the site name did not change it in the tab?

but the title tag should work thumright

kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yudan on July 4th 2012, 6:21 am

True that. *face palm*

Well at least it worked! ^^

o.o as for your own im not entirely sure. Maybe it depends on if you had the PHP2 or PHP3 version? *shrug* But then again you can ask one of the other coding experts perhaps they know. but then again it could be because when you made the sit it was supposed to stay that name instead of change.

When i made it it was going to be anime times but decided to change the site but wasn't willing to make a completely new one. *lazy*
So just wanted to rename it and fix it up manually. It worked at least! lol

OH one more question im still gonna search for it. BUT

how can i allow more posts per page. I think their is like 10 posts per page how can i increase that? I don't want to have to go thought a million pages. I like scrolling lol. Just asking.

I know it's irrelevant to the q above but thought I'd ask since I have your help now! ^^

Yudan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nera. on July 4th 2012, 12:10 pm

AP > General > Messages and emails > Configuration > Posts Per Page: enter the number there.

Nera.
Energetic

Female Posts : 7077

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum