The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Reduce the flood control time

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you think this forum should reduce the flood control time to 15-20seconds?

40% 40% 
[ 2 ]
60% 60% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 5

Reduce the flood control time

Post by Derri on July 3rd 2012, 2:11 pm

I don't know about many of you guys. However frequently I am hit with "you cannot post again for another 30s". This most commonly happens when editing posts as if I try to edit a few posts in a row or contribute to something with a short answer frequently I am hit with flood control.

One of my biggest problems is saying in a topic is thanking the person who helped me and then moving on to mark the topic is complete or solved.

Then there is the issue of frequently editing, I then get hit with the 30second flood control.

So my proposal is to change it to 15-20seconds. This would be quite nice as it would stop repeat spam offenders but would enable people who are posting for the good of the forum or correctly to not be hit by the flood control.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Re: Reduce the flood control time

Post by Darren1 on July 3rd 2012, 3:10 pm

Won't happen, because this forum holds onto the past.
Theres a low "possibility" of us getting hit with another spam attack thus its too worrying to reduce the time.

This is how Ive seen the response of many staff members about this issue.

I personally support it. It came down from 45 seconds, and I was told it wont go lower because of the above.

Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on July 3rd 2012, 4:02 pm

@Darren1 wrote:Won't happen, because this forum holds onto the past.
Theres a low "possibility" of us getting hit with another spam attack thus its too worrying to reduce the time.

This is how Ive seen the response of many staff members about this issue.

I personally support it. It came down from 45 seconds, and I was told it wont go lower because of the above.

Well lets just see what happens. We once were not allowed to make many request for navigation bars and now we can Smile

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on July 3rd 2012, 5:18 pm

This is not a "voting" issue. The 30 second delay is a management decision for the well being of this site and is not a decision based on the popular vote. The popular vote is irrelevant.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on July 3rd 2012, 5:39 pm

This happens to me A LOT. It's rather annoying, I'll admit. However, I voted no. It doesn't kill me to wait an extra fifteen seconds for the security of the forum, so I don't mind it.

I don't think it would be beneficial to the board to lower the time limit--as stated above, it would make it far easier for spammers to do what they do best.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on July 3rd 2012, 8:44 pm

The gap is 30 second now & its for the safety of our own users, it will not be changed for security purposes as we have seen spam attacks in the past.

Thank you for the suggestion though. Smile

Thread Locked

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum