The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Link Access Control

2 posters

Go down

In progress Link Access Control

Post by Mortimer01 July 4th 2012, 09:46

Hi!
I was just newly appointed Admin of our group forum, it has been up for quite a while now, but not many people are posting anything. The main problem is that people only sign-up so that they can be able to see the links and then that's it, once they get access to the links or other functions it doesn't matter if they post or not. I hope to promote some sort of interaction with the members by limiting the ability of certain members (especially new ones with no posts) before they can see links, images or other privileges.

I already tried editing the "See links/images in the messages" but it only has limited selection to All, Members, Moderators & Admins. I also searched the help forums, but I can't seem to find any questions the same as mine.

What I want to know, Is there a way I can add a group to the selection for the "See links/images in the messages"? Or at least restrict members with no posts from seeing the images or links?

Any tips would be very much appreciated. Thanks
Mortimer01

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Link Access Control

Post by Nera. July 4th 2012, 13:32

Hi,

Those settings for links and images wont be possible. The only thing you can set is for the members with 0 posts to not be able to see some forums. You can make the forums visable but when they try to enter it they will not be able to unless they have a certain amount of posts. would that suite you or?

Nera.
Nera.
Energetic

Female Posts : 7078

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Link Access Control

Post by Mortimer01 July 5th 2012, 10:57

It's close enough. How do I do that?
Mortimer01

Back to top Go down