The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Widgets not showing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Widgets not showing

Post by sagadegeminis on July 18th 2012, 1:28 am

Hello,

when i try to enable the forum widgets, they do not show after i click the "Yes" option.

Please help me once more Sad

Thanks in advance

Forum: http://forosmythcloth.forumotion.com/

sagadegeminis
Forumember

Posts : 38
Reputation : 1
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Re: Widgets not showing

Post by APE on July 18th 2012, 2:27 am

Hi this could be a number of things

1 it could be the skin you have maybe the width was set to the max in your CSS
2, it could be that you not set it right

Give this a try
ACP>>
Modules Tab >>

Portal & Widgets >> Display forum widgets : YES
Width column 1 (left) :180Width column 3 (right) : 0
SAVE

Then you will have to see if you have any widgets set to show on the forum


ACP>>
Modules Tab >>


Portal & Widgets >>
Forum widgets managementPICK THE ONES YOU WANT TO SHOW IN YOUR FORUM
AND SAVE



then take a look in your forum and see if there in place


Hope this is of some help to you.


If you still have a problem with it please give me a shout and i will be happy to see if it's to do with your skin and the CSS files Wink


Your friendly Helper Ape.

APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8317
Reputation : 716
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Widgets not showing

Post by sagadegeminis on July 18th 2012, 4:02 am

@APE wrote:Hi this could be a number of things

1 it could be the skin you have maybe the width was set to the max in your CSS
2, it could be that you not set it right

Give this a try
ACP>>
Modules Tab >>

Portal & Widgets >> Display forum widgets : YES
Width column 1 (left) :180Width column 3 (right) : 0
SAVE

Then you will have to see if you have any widgets set to show on the forum


ACP>>
Modules Tab >>


Portal & Widgets >>
Forum widgets managementPICK THE ONES YOU WANT TO SHOW IN YOUR FORUM
AND SAVE



then take a look in your forum and see if there in place


Hope this is of some help to you.


If you still have a problem with it please give me a shout and i will be happy to see if it's to do with your skin and the CSS files Wink


Your friendly Helper Ape.


I tried what you told me and no luck Sad maybe is the CSS files. Please help me Very Happy

sagadegeminis
Forumember

Posts : 38
Reputation : 1
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Re: Widgets not showing

Post by Sanket on July 18th 2012, 7:37 am

Try adding this to your css.
Code:
#content-container div#left{
Width: 180px !important;
}


Last edited by Sanket on July 18th 2012, 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Widgets not showing

Post by sagadegeminis on July 18th 2012, 4:17 pm

@Sanket wrote:Try adding this to your css.
Code:
#content-container div#left{
Widht: 180px !important;
}

Still no luck.

sagadegeminis
Forumember

Posts : 38
Reputation : 1
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Re: Widgets not showing

Post by Sanket on July 18th 2012, 4:21 pm

Try the code i added above again, i had misspelled width. I have fixed it now.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Widgets not showing

Post by sagadegeminis on July 18th 2012, 4:34 pm

@Sanket wrote:Try the code i added above again, i had misspelled width. I have fixed it now.

The right side works, but not the left side...i would like to display my widgets on the left side but they wont show...

sagadegeminis
Forumember

Posts : 38
Reputation : 1
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Re: Widgets not showing

Post by Sanket on July 18th 2012, 5:00 pm

You have added the widgets on the left side as i checked in the morning.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum