The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

A link to a users wall "Visitors Messages" in their Message Profile + A Pop-up Message When a User Posts a Message There! PunBB

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A link to a users wall "Visitors Messages" in their Message Profile + A Pop-up Message When a User Posts a Message There! PunBB

Post by Rukiafan on July 20th 2012, 8:54 pm

I need the code to link the Visitors Messages section of a person's profile to their profile shown in the forum posts.

I would also like to request a code to bring up a Pop-up message whenever somebody leaves a visitor message on a person's profile "like the pop-up message that appears when you have new PM's."

Rukiafan
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: A link to a users wall "Visitors Messages" in their Message Profile + A Pop-up Message When a User Posts a Message There! PunBB

Post by APE on July 20th 2012, 10:01 pm

I know it can be done on phpBB3 and Invision but not sure about the others as you need to use templates.

Sorry to ask but what one do you use ?
and a link to your forum will help any others that can help you.

Ape

APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8642
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: A link to a users wall "Visitors Messages" in their Message Profile + A Pop-up Message When a User Posts a Message There! PunBB

Post by Rukiafan on July 20th 2012, 10:36 pm

PunBB. It's in the topic name. Wink
The url is www.WiiWareWave.com

Rukiafan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by APE on July 20th 2012, 10:56 pm

sorry i have looked all over to find the right code for PunBB forums but with no luck ..
Maybe some one with the same forum can help you i have looked on LGforum and other sister sites and none of them want to make codes for that type of forum.. But there is some out there that do play about with codes to get them to work.

APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8642
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by nextlevelgaming on July 21st 2012, 12:44 am

best people to answer this would be LGforum or Rideem3, or even runawayhorses. Just wait and they will respond. I would help you but i use phpbb2 and not sure if the locations would be the same. i know the code is different but not locations for sure. just be patient

nextlevelgaming
Forumember

Male Posts : 989
Language : English|CSS|HTML5|javascript|

http://www.easybbtutorials.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rukiafan on August 3rd 2012, 3:19 am

Can anyone help?

Rukiafan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by nextlevelgaming on August 3rd 2012, 3:40 am

Ive done some researching and its not really possible. firstly advanced profiles need to be on i believe, plus you would have to enter in each link to wall per person. basically /u1wall i believe im not sure. Also the pop up message would need to be javascript or php. And the variables {postrow.displayed.field_id1} or anything usually does not work anywhere else but their home template sorry

nextlevelgaming
Forumember

Male Posts : 989
Language : English|CSS|HTML5|javascript|

http://www.easybbtutorials.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rukiafan on August 3rd 2012, 3:48 am

Thank you for your help! I'll keep this topic open just in case someone figures out a way to do this.

Rukiafan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by LGforum on August 3rd 2012, 1:23 pm

You can use this link to link to the current usernames wall:
Code:
/profile?mode=viewprofile&page_profil=messages&u={*USERNAME}
Just make sure it goes somewhere where the username will be swapped, so not in templates.

LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2260

http://www.avacweb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanthis on August 4th 2012, 7:33 am

@LGforum wrote:You can use this link to link to the current usernames wall:
Code:
/profile?mode=viewprofile&page_profil=messages&u={*USERNAME}
Just make sure it goes somewhere where the username will be swapped, so not in templates.

If not in the templates, then where?

Xanthis
Forumember

Male Posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by LGforum on August 4th 2012, 2:58 pm

Widgets or announcement. So the username variable is swapped for the users name.

LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2260

http://www.avacweb.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum