The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Missing Smilies?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Missing Smilies?

Post by DystopiaGrrl on July 31st 2012, 10:56 pm

Ok, so-- a while back, I noticed that some of my smilies were missing-- this was, gosh, a year or so ago, I think--it's been a while since I last used my board(RL, you know) and I had intended on just reloading them, but forgot.

Well, I got back to my board today, and started dusting it off, intending to use it for something else(fan board for a t.v show) and remembered that I had some smilies still missing. I went to start re-uploading them, but for some reason the uploader wasn't recognizing gifs?

Anyhoo, I found THIS page with some people saying they had the same problems with missing smilies(also avatars), but then, towards then end of the thread, a couple were saying they got their smilies back.

I was wondering if someone could look into it for me?

Here's the addy for my board- http://wearethezombies.forumotion.net/

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by DystopiaGrrl on August 1st 2012, 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : solved)

DystopiaGrrl

Female Posts : 4
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Missing Smilies?

Post by Sanket on August 1st 2012, 7:00 am

Did you save the images on your computer as .gif file?

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DystopiaGrrl on August 1st 2012, 3:42 pm

Yes, all of the smilies I have saved are.

EDIT TO Add-

Some(when I go to add a smilie) DO show up.. but some don't. Ok, to explain better. When I go to replace the missing smilie-- with the original that I still have on my computer- the uploader doesn't "see" it in my file folder. Make sense? Even tho I know it's in my files, I can't upload it back. I suppose I could try deleting and then try uploading that way?(don't know why I didn't think of that, I'm being dense--I was just trying to modify where it only had the code and description and just reupload the smilie)

I have a feeling I'm wasting your time... sorry. Will come back and let you know if I solve the problem or not.. I feel really stupid right now.

Last edited by DystopiaGrrl on August 1st 2012, 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add more info)

DystopiaGrrl

Back to top Go down

Post by DystopiaGrrl on August 1st 2012, 4:14 pm

I think it was just my computer being weird or something. Yesterday the uploader didn't recognize some of the gifs, and today it is.. or something. Well, it did after I moved some of the gifs to my desktop.

Solved, I guess. Sorry again.

DystopiaGrrl

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on August 1st 2012, 6:06 pm

Topic Solved & Locked

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35606

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum