The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

How can I get rid of that advertisment row on top of my forum???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress How can I get rid of that advertisment row on top of my forum???

Post by Jimmy25 on August 7th 2012, 4:02 pm

Excuse me, I created a new forum and just now suddenly there is a row of advertisement that pop out of nowhere and is now displaying on the top of my forum... And every time I click refresh page there is another advertisement... It's really annoying and useless.. and it wasn't there at first.. How can I get rid of it??? Can someone please help me... If you're not sure what I'm talking about here's my forum: http://chillax.forummotion.com/ There is a row of advertisement that isn't suppose to be there.... Sad

Jimmy25
Forumember

Language : Chinese & English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: How can I get rid of that advertisment row on top of my forum???

Post by Ahkrir on August 7th 2012, 4:06 pm

Every forum has advertisment on it.
You can remove it by buying credits and then spending them to remove the advertisment.

Ahkrir
Forumember

Male Posts : 288
Language : English

http://smarterweb.go-board.com/forum

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: How can I get rid of that advertisment row on top of my forum???

Post by Jimmy25 on August 7th 2012, 4:27 pm

@Ahkrir wrote:Every forum has advertisment on it.
You can remove it by buying credits and then spending them to remove the advertisment.

Yeah but then when I first started my forum there were no advertisement appearing anywhere on my webpage. It just popped out now. And point is, it's not Forumotion's advertisement. I'm thinking, maybe it's because I submitted my forum to a few search engines today. So now they can put advertisement on my forum however they like...? Or it doesn't work that way?

Jimmy25
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy25 on August 7th 2012, 4:32 pm

Smile

Last edited by Jimmy25 on August 8th 2012, 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Jimmy25
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahkrir on August 7th 2012, 4:41 pm

No sir, the advertisment is placed by Forumotion because they earn money with it. They place an iframe containing advertisments for Google. As long as you're the only one on the forum (admin) the advertisment doesn't show. (not sure)

Ahkrir
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by APE on August 7th 2012, 4:50 pm

Hi jimmy Wink

Yes when you first make your forum the adds are not there but as soon as our servers pick up your forum it will place the add's on your site there is really nothing you can do to remove them with out paying for credits to remove them like the other member Ahkrir has just said.

Most add's will show up on your forum within 1 to 24hrs of making your forum. you can limit the adds down a little by doing the following step

ACP >>
General Tab at the top of your page >>

Forum >> Configuration >> General part of the settings look for
Reduce the number of displays for images advertisments : YES
Activate ads : GUESTS SAVE
Hope this helps a little Wink

Ape Your Friendly Helper

APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8309
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy25 on August 7th 2012, 4:57 pm

@Ahkrir wrote:No sir, the advertisment is placed by Forumotion because they earn money with it. They place an iframe containing advertisments for Google. As long as you're the only one on the forum (admin) the advertisment doesn't show. (not sure)

I see my friend! I went to check out other people's forum and it's the same for them. I just didn't understand why it didn't pop out for the first few days when I first started my forum until just now. And there were people using it~ So basically, the only way to get rid of that is by buying a domain right? :-) And seems like you have a good idea.. so I might as well ask this question that I was gonna post: Can I add "Google Adsense" to my forum even if I'm a free user (without buying a domain) and earn money? And I also know adding Google Adsense, they will check to see if your site's content is enough or not. I wonder... looking at my site on what I have so far, can anyone tell me if the details&content is enough for Google Adsense? http://chillax.forummotion.com/

Jimmy25
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahkrir on August 7th 2012, 4:59 pm

@APE wrote:

Ape Your Friendly Helper

I can only do: 'All' or 'Members & Guests'..
Not only guests.

Ahkrir
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy25 on August 7th 2012, 5:00 pm

@APE wrote:Hi jimmy Wink

Yes when you first make your forum the adds are not there but as soon as our servers pick up your forum it will place the add's on your site there is really nothing you can do to remove them with out paying for credits to remove them like the other member Ahkrir has just said.

Most add's will show up on your forum within 1 to 24hrs of making your forum. you can limit the adds down a little by doing the following step

ACP >>
General Tab at the top of your page >>

Forum >> Configuration >> General part of the settings look for
Reduce the number of displays for images advertisments : YES
Hope this helps a little Wink

Ape Your Friendly Helper
i

ah so that's why! Now it's crystal clear~ I understand now. Thank you so much for explaining it to me :-) I might get a domain soon depending on how it goes. Cheers ^^ btw, can you answer my other questions above too..? Thanks :p

Jimmy25
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahkrir on August 7th 2012, 5:02 pm

I don't know about Google Adsense. APE will know.

About getting completely rid of advertisments:
You need to buy credits and then spend them to remove the advertisments.
No the advertisments are not removed when a domain is bought. (for as far as I know)

Ahkrir
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy25 on August 7th 2012, 5:04 pm

@Ahkrir wrote:I don't know about Google Adsense. APE will know.

About getting completely rid of advertisments:
You need to buy credits and then spend them to remove the advertisments.
No the advertisments are not removed when a domain is bought. (for as far as I know)

oh... so it's two different stories.... two different purchases... i c..

Jimmy25
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on August 7th 2012, 8:17 pm

@Jimmy25 wrote:
@Ahkrir wrote:Every forum has advertisment on it.

Yeah but then when I first started my forum there were no advertisement appearing anywhere on my webpage. It just popped out now. And point is, it's not Forumotion's advertisement. I'm thinking, maybe it's because I submitted my forum to a few search engines today. So now they can put advertisement on my forum however they like...? Or it doesn't work that way?

@Jimmy25 wrote:I was hoping my forum would appear on Google search. So I submitted my website to Google and a few other search engines. Could this be the reason why there's an advertisement pop up on top of my forum? If it's not Forumotion's advertise. I'm sure there's got to be a way to disable/remove it? o.O

Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!

Buying a domain name and removing ads are two separate purchases. Buying a domain name will not remove the ads.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35613

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy25 on August 8th 2012, 4:38 am

understood sir Smile

Jimmy25
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by APE on August 8th 2012, 7:55 am

yes you can place your Google Adsense on your forum to make money.

All we ask is that the add's don't break any of our TOS.
But i have seen a lot of forums do this and the add's we have on the forum's are just the same but there only there for the Host of ours to make money by.

APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8309
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum