The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

How to define forum widgets size in a percentage instead of pixels.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved How to define forum widgets size in a percentage instead of pixels.

Post by Alexander Moore on August 7th 2012, 4:28 pm

As the title says, I want to define my forum widgets in a percentage rather than pixels. Recommendations?

The problem was that the widgets cause problems on different resolutions. To understand what I'm talking about, here's what I told my users when they bug reported it :

I've changed the overall site width to an absolute pixel value instead of a percentage. This should cause the site to be...well...bigger than your resolutions.

Tomorrow I will implement a permanent fix though. I will make it so that forum widgets are defined in a percentage width instead of a pixel width.

The problem you had arose because the forum widgets are defined in pixels while the site is defined in a percentage. This causes the forum widgets to be larger on smaller resolutions, while the forum appears to be smaller. On a very small monitor it would get to the point where widgets would be larger than the forums itself, most likely.

Will work on it tomorrow.

So, the problem was that the widgets would smash the rest of the site, basically. I need to define the forum widgets as a percentage instead of a pixel width to fix this. Thanks.

Edit : AGH! I'm sorry! I left my skills at home today, but now they're back.

So after searching the forum basic CSS for the width number of my forum widgets I got but one result back, as I had hoped. I now know how to change the size of forum widgets to a percentage.

To all that have this issue, here is the resolution. Simply edit this code to your liking..

Left-Side Code :

#content-container div#left {
   width: 13%;
   float: left;
   margin-right: 3px;
   overflow: hidden;

Right-side code (this is a guess, honestly) :

#content-container div#right {
   width: 13%;
   float: right;
   margin-left: 3px;
   overflow: hidden;

Marked as solved. Sorry for even posting. I need to really try to fix these things on my own harder.

Alexander Moore

Male Posts : 210
Language : English (USA), Mandarin Chinese || HTML, CSS, Limited JavaScript.

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to define forum widgets size in a percentage instead of pixels.

Post by SLGray on August 7th 2012, 8:11 pm

Topic Solved & Locked

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

Male Posts : 35937
Language : English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum