The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

How does members invite their contacts to my forum?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How does members invite their contacts to my forum?

Post by Jimmy25 on August 8th 2012, 4:48 am

Excuse me, I was reading this http://help.forumotion.com/t52736-guide-increase-your-traffic

and I saw this "Encourage your members to do the same thing, they also have this feature and can invite their contacts to Facebook, MSN through their profile. " I thought that's good idea, but...

I thought it's only the admin who have this feature? I mean, if I wanna send an email to all the people on my contacts saying I created a website, I go to Administration Panel > General > Forum Promotion > Invite Friends right? But for my forum's members, they can't go to the Admin Panel... so where do they go to use this feature where they can invite their contacts to my forum? What are the steps for them? some members wanted to help me promote the forum but I don't know how it works for them...

Jimmy25
Forumember

Language : Chinese & English

Back to top Go down

Re: How does members invite their contacts to my forum?

Post by SLGray on August 8th 2012, 6:12 am

Basically it means that your members can while on Facebook or any other social network invite their friends to your forum.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35613
Language : English

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy25 on August 8th 2012, 11:37 am

slg wrote:Basically it means that your members can while on Facebook or any other social network invite their friends to your forum.

So you mean they can only invite them one by one...? I thought they would have the feature of sending out an email to all their social network contacts people and everyone will know about my forum from that one letter. So only admin myself have this feature.....?

Jimmy25
Forumember

Language : Chinese & English

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on August 8th 2012, 11:43 am

If you have the Facebook Connect module on your forum, members can use the invite option in their profiles. Also at the top of each thread there is a share option that they can share it on their social networks.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35613
Language : English

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum