The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No change skin options? And how to change subtitle color?

3 posters

Go down

No change skin options? And how to change subtitle color? Empty No change skin options? And how to change subtitle color?

Post by brainout August 15th 2012, 11:50 pm

HI, I just created a forum with a skin, then went to the forum created and looked for a way to even access the html code, or at least options to modify the forum appearance, and I get nothing; no tab or anything else allowing me to alter anything in the forum. So I spent the last hour searching through forumotion, and there is talk of an 'admin tab', and much talk about specific changes in a forum skin -- but nothing telling you how to ACCESS that 'admin tab' or skin. I don't see any such tab. It's as if I were just online visiting the forum.

CORRECTION: the problem was with the first skin I chose. It didn't offer an admin panel (name was gray green with header 2xC, by josh someone, I think). So I changed the skin, and found one with an admin panel.

But a new problem emerges: The subtitle color in both header (EDIT: I deleted the forum). None of my forum colors are gray. So how can I change the color? I thought of scanning the css sheet, but it wasn't clear I could just edit the sheet and then paste it to that CSS SHEET tab in 'colors'.

Thank you for your time!

UPDATE: never mind, I deleted the forum. The problem keeps on being with the skin. One skin works, another one doesn't, the features in the Admin panel don't address all the parameters of the skin; I had specified php2 but when selecting a skin in 'hit skins' REGISTERED under that same version, it was suddenly called phpBB version, in my Admin tab. So I corrected the version back to php2; oh, now the whole skin is lost, all my settings were changed; the options which WERE there, were lost. So the hitskins categorized per version, don't match what y'all consider viable for the different versions, and the skins are thus unstable.

I spent all day on this; it shouldn't have been so difficult. Thank you, and good bye.

Last edited by brainout on August 16th 2012, 6:53 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Found admin panel (first skin I chose didn't offer admin panel), new last 2 paragraphs)
brainout

Female Posts : 2
Language : English

Back to top Go down

No change skin options? And how to change subtitle color? Empty Re: No change skin options? And how to change subtitle color?

Post by SLGray August 16th 2012, 12:05 am

Administration Panel > Display > Colors & Pictures > Pics Management
Advanced Mode

Administration Panel > Display > Colors & Pictures > Colors

It really depends on what you want to change.

No change skin options? And how to change subtitle color? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51464

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

No change skin options? And how to change subtitle color? Empty Re: No change skin options? And how to change subtitle color?

Post by brainout August 16th 2012, 5:45 am

slg wrote:Administration Panel > Display > Colors & Pictures > Pics Management
Advanced Mode

Administration Panel > Display > Colors & Pictures > Colors

It really depends on what you want to change.

Well, you probably only saw the first version of my post, when I had no access to the Administration tab; because the skin selected, didn't provide it. After my initial version of the post, I edited it. So now the focus question is the color of the subtitle text: there's no option to change it which I could find. Maybe if I knew the NAME for it, I would be able to change it, but I couldn't find any name for the change options which resembled 'subtitle'. Only TITLE.

Last edited by brainout on August 16th 2012, 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarifying text)
brainout

Female Posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket August 16th 2012, 10:45 am

Do you still need help with this?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum