The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using the multi-theme selector when you're already using off-site CSS?

Go down

Solved Using the multi-theme selector when you're already using off-site CSS?

Post by Guest August 16th 2012, 5:05 pm

Link to the tutorial I used (it's Typlo's)

Okay, so I use an off-site CSS using the following code :

Code:
<LINK REL=stylesheet TYPE=text/css HREF=Insert url to CSS here>

Now, I want to add the theme selector to my site. However, this has become complicated because my DEFAULT forum CSS is also loaded off-site.

I need the theme selector to load up the default theme from another site by default - meaning that, when nobody has touched the theme selector yet, it loads a CSS from a url I put in by default.

I can't combine the two like this...

Code:
<LINK REL=stylesheet TYPE=text/css HREF=Insert url to CSS here><script src=/h1-></script>

...because they'll interfere with each other.

So, my guess is that the HTML page needs to be edited. But it's using more complicated HTML than I'm used to so I'm a little lost. Can I have a little help?

Last edited by Alexander Moore on August 19th 2012, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Using the multi-theme selector when you're already using off-site CSS?

Post by Guest August 17th 2012, 9:24 am

I have to bump for a moment and ask an honest question that's been on my mind for a while now...

I don't mean to sound immature, but... am I getting ignored because I came to the support forum for answers too much? x_x I dunno, seems that most of my posts go unanswered nowadays...

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Using the multi-theme selector when you're already using off-site CSS?

Post by Guest August 18th 2012, 1:35 pm

Bump. Seems I still haven't gotten any replies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 19th 2012, 12:20 pm

Have I ever told you that you're a genius? Because you totally are. This is much better - Doesn't even require reloading the page, and it's easy to understand how it works so I can customize it.

Topic marked as solved, and thanks goes to Rideem3 Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy August 19th 2012, 2:08 pm

Topic Solved & Locked
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down