The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making Sure I'm all set with taking over a forum

2 posters

Go down

Making Sure I'm all set with taking over a forum Empty Making Sure I'm all set with taking over a forum

Post by Darthberizing August 21st 2012, 6:55 am

Wow it's been a learning experience. I think I'm all set but wanted some verification.

The domain I (Think I) own is www.imperialgunneryforum.com

I have been give the founder account. I went into utilities and changed the Email to my Email. Is it really that simple? What about the actual domain name? Don't I need to contact some service (like godaddy) and tell them I own the site now or is it done here?

I'm paying for the site, so obviously I want to pay only after being assured I'm all in the clear.

Thanks everyone

John
Darthberizing
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Making Sure I'm all set with taking over a forum Empty Re: Making Sure I'm all set with taking over a forum

Post by Sanket August 21st 2012, 9:26 am

If the domain name is brought from forumotion, you don't have to worry For 1 year since the date of booking the domain name.

If the creation email of the forum is yours, you have access to the founder's account & are the owner of the forum according to rule books.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Making Sure I'm all set with taking over a forum Empty Re: Making Sure I'm all set with taking over a forum

Post by Darthberizing August 21st 2012, 2:27 pm

Sanket wrote:If the domain name is brought from forumotion, you don't have to worry For 1 year since the date of booking the domain name.

Sanket

Thanks for the quick reply. Can you explain this part? First, how can I verify this and second what do you mean about 1yr?
Darthberizing
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket August 21st 2012, 3:30 pm

Go into your admin panel.
General>Forum Address
You will know how many days are remaining for the domain name to expire.

All domains booked via Forumotion admin panel using credits are valid for one year. After a year, you have the option to renew the domain name.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down