The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll the credits

2 posters

Go down

Roll the credits Empty Roll the credits

Post by withouta August 22nd 2012, 11:01 am

Can we please have a full and comprehensible explanation on how the credit system actually works?

I signed up to this forum believing it was 'free' then I notice a part in my admin panel about 'buying credits'.

I also see a space value of '20mb'<< what does this mean? and, what features does this cover?

I would also like to know how many megabytes I will receive before I make a purchase of credits.

Do you use advertising to pay for free forum users or do they have to eventually pay to use the site space?

These are simple questions that require simple answers.

Thanks.

withouta

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Roll the credits Empty Re: Roll the credits

Post by Sanket August 22nd 2012, 12:26 pm

Please read this.
https://help.forumotion.com/t1219-credits-management

If you have any more questions, please ask.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by withouta August 22nd 2012, 1:46 pm

Thanks Admin,

I have read the terms but it still hasn't answered all my questions.

How much space would I be getting if I purchased 100 credits?

Regarding 'Allopass' I am not 100% sure of how it works , does it take the credit from my (mobile) phone either contract or prepaid?

Is there a way to pay for credits other than using allopass or a debit/credit card?

Have you considered giving an option of 'Direct Debit'?
This would certainly be easier for someone like myself , who does not like using bank cards at all.

I understand how the 'donations' part works but personally I would rather pay for my own forum until I see a point where I have to consider other avenues.

What exactly are the adverts doing?

Can the ads (that this site chooses to display on my forum) be used to fund my forum instead of myself buying more space with credits?

Is there an option to just buy a large sized domain with a one off payment through this site?

Or indeed a 'buy out' where people who wish to take their forum elsewhere with their site posts, info and members posts etc can pay you (the site) a one off fee to move?

I ask this because I have read threads where people have wanted to take their boards elsewhere and the option is not available.

I like this site , I just feel that things are not explained as well as they could be and I believe certain information should be made known to users before they sign up.

That way everybody knows where they stand.

Thanks.
withouta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket August 22nd 2012, 2:17 pm

withouta wrote:
How much space would I be getting if I purchased 100 credits?
You need to check it specifically in your admin panel. For me, i get this
http://awesomescreenshot.com/049du5rd5
100 Mb for 100 credits. For a month.
withouta wrote:
Regarding 'Allopass' I am not 100% sure of how it works , does it take the credit from my (mobile) phone either contract or prepaid?

Is there a way to pay for credits other than using allopass or a debit/credit card?

Have you considered giving an option of 'Direct Debit'?
This would certainly be easier for someone like myself , who does not like using bank cards at all.

The only options available are allopass & paypal. You can check up on Google on how allopass works.
withouta wrote:
I understand how the 'donations' part works but personally I would rather pay for my own forum until I see a point where I have to consider other avenues.
Donations is like users of your forum would donate to you in the form of credits. With those credits, you can remove ads, buy a domain name etc.
withouta wrote:
What exactly are the adverts doing?

Can the ads (that this site chooses to display on my forum) be used to fund my forum instead of myself buying more space with credits?
The ads are there to fund forumotion to host servers & provide you with constant updates.
withouta wrote:
Is there an option to just buy a large sized domain with a one off payment through this site?
You are speaking about a domain name. Its been suggested here.
https://help.forumotion.com/t72413-domain-name-for-a-larger-period

withouta wrote:Or indeed a 'buy out' where people who wish to take their forum elsewhere with their site posts, info and members posts etc can pay you (the site) a one off fee to move?

I ask this because I have read threads where people have wanted to take their boards elsewhere and the option is not available.
Its been suggested
https://help.forumotion.com/suggestions-for-your-forums-f30/export-your-whole-forum-t19228.htm
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by withouta August 22nd 2012, 2:32 pm

The export forum idea was suggested back in 2009, its now 2012! lol
It got locked.

I wasn't just referring to domain name by itself but could you think about giving an option for buying a forum with say several Gigabytes, instead of 20mb. This may work to your advantage.

I wouldn't be surprised if allopass is the future payment technology.
withouta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket August 22nd 2012, 2:37 pm

Moved to Other Problems I didn't notice Export Forum Idea was locked. I was actually, looking for another thread but was unable to find it. Its somewhere in the suggestions section.

Oh about the Gigabytes, we are not a website hosting site. We offer only free forums.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down