The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Banned memeber in the memberlist

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Banned memeber in the memberlist

Post by la podenquera on August 23rd 2012, 2:03 pm

When I have banned members I still see them in the memberlist. How can I delete them from the list? I am eliminating all those people who aren't members in the club.

la podenquera

Female Posts : 74
Language : swedish

Back to top Go down

Re: Banned memeber in the memberlist

Post by Cyborg112233 on August 23rd 2012, 3:16 pm

If you ban a member, he just cannot use this account because it's blocked. If you don't want him in your hole forum, you have to delete his account.
ACP->Members&Groups->Click on the member who should be deleted, scoll down, click on "Click here to delete this user; this cannot be undone." and then save.

Male Posts : 435
Language : UBB, HTML, CSS, German, English and French

Back to top Go down

Post by Papa Dimmicano on August 25th 2012, 1:57 pm

Do you wanna delete a member from your site?

Then this may help:

Papa Dimmicano

Male Posts : 3
Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on August 25th 2012, 2:06 pm

No, she is asking how to remove a banned user from the members list, WITHOUT deleting the account.

Sadly I don't think this is possible. It seems like a large flaw to be honest as I have always thought "why would a forum want to advertise banned members??"

Anyway it might be possible with some coding but my knowledge of coding is minimal at best so I can't honestly help you.

Forum Rules: :Forumotion Staff: :Appeal A Warning: :FAQ: :Tips & Tricks: :Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Male Posts : 8360
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGlow on August 25th 2012, 3:37 pm

Try deactivating it!

ACP => Advanced Mode => Users & Groups (tab) => Search Users => insert the user's name into the search tab then click 'Search' => Look down and click on the modify icon (looks like a bolt next to the permissions icon) => scroll down to the bottom until you reach options that are under the 'Special admin-only fields' => User is active: tick NO.

Now that will likely get him unbanned, considering there's a 'banned' option next to it (not completely sure about getting him unbanned, it's just a guess). Then you may re-ban.

I've noticed this working on various other forums; and I hope it would work for you too. Wink

If it doesn't help you, I have to apologize; as I've tried to, simply, assist you.

Male Posts : 629
Language : English | Hebrew | Arabic

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum