The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I allowed to put web links in my posts to my files on file sharing sites like Mediafire?

Go down

Solved Am I allowed to put web links in my posts to my files on file sharing sites like Mediafire?

Post by Guest August 27th 2012, 7:45 pm

I did not know what section to post in so please feel free to move this topic if I posted it in the wrong category.

I have just started my own forum a few days ago here on Forumotion. And my forum is about Windows and Linux operating systems.

I have my own zip files on file sharing sites,some on Mediafire and my others are on Ge,tt and Minus which are file sharing sites like Mediafire.

These zip files are installers I created myself like Windows Mail install etc( I write a lot of tutorials about how to install software from, Windows XP,Windows Vista etc on Windows 7.) So the files I am talking about are not offensive content or anything like that. And they are my files which I share on the web on Ge,tt,Minus or Mediafire.

What I am trying to say is that I want to post the download links which would be weblinks/download links in my posts to my files on Mediafire in my forum posts. I will not upload the files onto the forum no. I just want to post the weblink to the download page on the Mediafire website where my files are so that my guests and members can download the file if they wish to.

And the files are all my own files that created myself and I own the files(Mediafire,Ge,tt and Minus are very strict and only allow you to upload files to their sites and share the weblinks or download links, if they are your own files,which they are.) So my files would not be on Mediafire,Ge,tt or Minus,if they were not mine. And I would not be sharing them if they were not my own files.

So my question is am I allowed to post a link in my forum posts to my files on Mediafire and the other file sharing sites I have my files hosted on? Or is it against your terms of service?

Please could you reply to this as soon as possible. As I have just started my own forum so I am very new. And I do not want to start on the wrong foot and go against your terms of service. Andrea Borman.

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Am I allowed to put web links in my posts to my files on file sharing sites like Mediafire?

Post by SLGray August 28th 2012, 12:18 am

You are allowed to post links to downloads as long as they are not copyrighted content or anything to deal with hacking.

Am I allowed to put web links in my posts to my files on file sharing sites like Mediafire? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51482
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Am I allowed to put web links in my posts to my files on file sharing sites like Mediafire?

Post by Guest August 28th 2012, 1:12 am

slg wrote:You are allowed to post links to downloads as long as they are not copyrighted content or anything to deal with hacking.

Thank you for your reply.

So does that mean that the answer to my question is,Yes,I am allowed to post download links to my files on Mediafire and the other file sharing sites I have my files on? Because,they are my own files that I created myself?

Can you just clarify that for me please. As I do not want to violate your terms of service. Andrea Borman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 29th 2012, 8:01 am

Well nobody else has replied since last time I was here.

So I take that what Sig said in his reply above
",that I can post download links to my files on Mediafire as long as they are my own files and not copywrited or anything to deal with hacking."
Which of course they are not.

So if no one else has anything to add, I will take that answer as a Yes I am allowed to post download links to my files on Mediafire as long as they are legit. That is- not copywrite, which they are not and do not have anything to do with hacking.Which they do not.

So it looks like Sig has answered my question. And that what he told me is the correct answer.

So,thank you Sig, for replying quickly to my question so quickly.

It is always better if you want to post something on your forum and you are not sure if it is allowed on not. To ask if it is allowed first before you do it. That way you will never break the rules or the terms of service. Thank you for solving this one for me. Andrea Borman.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray August 29th 2012, 11:52 am

You're welcome.
Please don't use bold or color. Please keep to the default text. This is reserved for the staff for moderation.
Topic Solved & Locked

Am I allowed to put web links in my posts to my files on file sharing sites like Mediafire? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51482
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down