The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Increase the board limit?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Increase the board limit?

Post by PlatinumHearts on September 6th 2012, 1:30 pm

Good morning,

I got a small little question here. Is it possible to increase the amount of possible boards on a forum? I'm looking into it because I remember awhile back where there were a certain amount of boards that could be created on forum. As far as I know, this is a bit limiting considering the nature of my forum and we were looking to expand the limit on boards that could be made.

http://www.platinumhearts.net/

The last I remember, the limit was around 250 or so. I don't really remember running into that issues on our former proboard sites. So that might be something to consider for people who are really keen on having alot of boards and what not.

PlatinumHearts

Male Posts : 18
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Increase the board limit?

Post by kirk on September 6th 2012, 5:02 pm

Well i would say create all 250 forums, then come back when you completely exceed all forums limitations.

You should consider consolidating things as well to one forum.
Say you have home gardens forum. in stead of having a different forum for each category that could go into home and gardens, you just have one forum that is everything and anything to do with home and gardens..

Know what i mean. 250 forums is a heck of a lot, if you need more then that then you should consider getting your own server and get the official phpbb or other forum software.

The basic capacity for all the forums is 8 million messages, it can be increased to 4 billion if you exceed it...The basic capacity for the subjects is 65,000, which can be increased to 8 million... then to 4 billion...

More limitations here

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumHearts on September 6th 2012, 9:59 pm

Well, I just looked at my admin pane and it said, "You have 262 forums." Weird, it seems we are already over the limit, but it's still letting me create forums.

As for consolidating? We've done a bit of that over the year, though we usually have alot of sub-boards for different types of villages, stores, organizations, cities, worlds and so on since it's a massive forum role play. We'll probably go through any un-needed or unposted boards as we get this process over with to ensure we aren't causing any problems.

I've also considered that, but I'll wait and see how all this works out first before jumping that. I'd also like to thank you for linking me to that limitations thread as it was useful.

PlatinumHearts

Male Posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on September 6th 2012, 10:59 pm

I believe there was an increase on the number of forums.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36657

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum