The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Importing a phpbb forum to forumotion

2 posters

Go down

Importing a phpbb forum to forumotion Empty Importing a phpbb forum to forumotion

Post by christofian September 7th 2012, 12:10 am

Right now I have a self-hosted forum running phpbb. I'm transfering ownership of that forum to someone who is not technically skilled and who would probably have trouble running a self-hosted forum. Would it be possible for me to import the forum to forumotion so that the new owner wont have to worry as much about technical problems?
christofian

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Importing a phpbb forum to forumotion Empty Re: Importing a phpbb forum to forumotion

Post by Sir Chivas™ September 7th 2012, 2:45 am

Hi,

I don't believe you can "import" the forum to Forumotion, due to the fact that we don't have access to the data base. So, what you'll have to do is, place a link of the new forum(Forumotion) that way your members will register in the new forum. All of your posts/threads will start fresh, due to the fact that you don't have access to the data base. So, in other words technically you'll have to over again, but registering or making a forum, here at forumotion. In my opinion the easiest to edit and work with, is PhpBB3.

https://www.forumotion.com/free-forum

If the members doesn't have any knowledge he or she can request help here. Wink
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 6965
Language : EN, FR, ES

Back to top Go down

Importing a phpbb forum to forumotion Empty Re: Importing a phpbb forum to forumotion

Post by christofian September 15th 2012, 1:28 am

I would prefere to keep all of the posts. I'm willing to give forumotion access to the database if I can get the site on forumotion. Would it be possible for me to contact a forumotion employee about this?
christofian

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum