The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

attachments

View previous topic View next topic Go down

attachments

Post by jagdpanther on September 8th 2012, 6:41 pm

how do i set up my forum so that guests can download files which users have attached to their posts and so that users can upload files of types that are not listed in your list such as .skp(sketchup) .3ds or .obj . i do not need the forum to understand how to use/open/view these files, but simply to store them so other users and guests can download them. what do i do?thanks

jagdpanther

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Re: attachments

Post by runawayhorses on September 8th 2012, 6:52 pm

To set up the forum so that guests can download files you need to change the permissions in AP>>General>>Categories and forums.

On that page click the "Forum Permissions Control" tab, then choose a forum to view the permissions of that forum, then scroll down where you see "Download Attachments" and tick the box "Guests" and save your settings. You do that for each forum you want to adjust the permissions for.

As far as uploading files that are not listed I doubt very seriously that can be done, but if it can hopefully someone will let you know.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Language : English

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by jagdpanther on September 8th 2012, 7:24 pm

the box for letting guests download attachments is greyed out.

jagdpanther

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on September 8th 2012, 7:31 pm

Ok, go to AP>>General>>Messages and e-mail>>Attachments>>

On that page you can allow attachments and file sizes, etc. Then you will need to tick the box in the permissions control like I mentioned before.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by jagdpanther on September 8th 2012, 7:33 pm

Also i'm trying to upload an attachment with a post as the admin but i can't seem to find the button to do this. where is it?

jagdpanther

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on September 8th 2012, 7:41 pm

I would assume once you have the forum set to allow attachments you will see a "Browse" button when starting a new topic. I'm not sure because I have never allowed attachments on my forum. But you would need a browse button to find a file on your computer to upload. Look at all the different buttons above the text editor.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by jagdpanther on September 8th 2012, 8:07 pm

Thanks, i have got my own ability to upload attachments working now but i still am having problems with setting the forum so anyone can download them, i have tried to use the advanced permissions under each forum to set it so guests can download attachments but the box is still greyed even with attachments enabled.

jagdpanther

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on September 8th 2012, 8:17 pm

Well this is a question for someone that has done this, I would be curious how you are uploading attachments to your posts though. Is there a button to click, and where is it?

It could be you have to buy some storage space to enable it for guests, but I'm just not sure. I'll let someone who knows answer that.

good luck

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum