The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Chatbox background color and avatar panel position relative to messages

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Chatbox background color and avatar panel position relative to messages

Post by lustromlingmech on September 20th 2012, 6:03 am

I have a phpBB2 forum right now, but I'm going to update it to phpBB3 forum soo with a whole new collection of colors. Now, I've got lots of questions about changing to the new version (such as second level quote background), but I won't go into that right now. I'll take it one question at a time. Anyways, I'm using the temporary themes feature to build the new theme while my users can still use the old theme. In the chat box, the background color is blue, but in the new theme, blue will look weird. I would like it to be grey. Here are some snapshots:

This is the old version:

And here's the new version:

There isn't a change in the background color, though I've set all the background colors (and my, were there lots of background colors to set). So, where do I set the background color for the chatbox?

Last edited by Sanket on September 20th 2012, 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : change topic title)

lustromlingmech
Forumember

Male Posts : 66
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Chatbox background color and avatar panel position relative to messages

Post by Sanket on September 20th 2012, 10:25 am

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Chatbox background color and avatar panel position relative to messages

Post by lustromlingmech on September 20th 2012, 4:15 pm

So I copied the code into the CSS style sheet tab on temporary theme. Now, here's the whole CSS file that I can see:

Code:
body.chatbox {
background-color:#FFFFFF;
}

And to add further info, it says somewhere that it's my temporary theme's basic CSS. I pasted the code, then set the color, wanting to get a white background, but it's still the same blue. What am I doing wrong?

lustromlingmech
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ on September 20th 2012, 4:55 pm

Hi,

try changing the row colors:
Code:
 .chatbox_row_1, .chatbox_row_2, .chatbox_row_3, .chatbox_row_1 has .chatbox_row_2 has .chatbox_row_3 a { color: color code; }

Attention!
- Please provide your forum URL at all times.
- When the issue is solved, please mark it as solved.

Sir Chivas™
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6756
Language : English, Spanish, and French

Back to top Go down

Post by lustromlingmech on September 20th 2012, 5:21 pm

It does not work. Am I putting the color in the right place? I replaced the text
Code:
color: color code;

With
Code:
color:#FFFFFF;

I don't feel that is the right thing to do.

lustromlingmech
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii SouL on September 20th 2012, 5:45 pm

Hello Jasper Hello

I'm really very new to all of this but anyway, I use punbb and tutorial states that punbb3 can use same codes.

All I did was add this to my CSS:
Code:
 #chatbox{
background-color:#000000 !important;
}

Not 100% sure this is what you need but hope it helps.

Rii SouL
Forumember

Female Posts : 43
Language : Englis-Spanish

http://the-lost-souls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lustromlingmech on September 20th 2012, 5:54 pm

Ok, say that your CSS file has 100 other blocks of code in it. Where do you put this block? By the way, Rii Soul, is your chatbox background black? Because I think #000000=white.

And, let me mention this to all, if you don't know already because I haven't emphasized the point well, I'm looking at a template theme preview of a forum that is right now phpBB2, but the temporary theme is in phpBB3.

lustromlingmech
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii SouL on September 20th 2012, 6:18 pm

You can call me Rii Smile

The color code; #000000 = black
#ffffff = white

And I apologize if I misunderstood what you mean. Like I said I am very new at all this and I'm just trying to help lol

I did not alter the basic Templates or CSS themselves. all I did was past that code to my blank sheet of CSS. I assume that the commands make the changes. Not sure If I am explaining this correctly. this is what I did:

Admin Panel >
Display >
Pictures and Colors > Colors >
CSS Stylesheet.

And on that sheet there I just added the adjusted code.
You can also see your forum's basic CSS and I think you can make the changes there also. But like I said I am very new and I rather place on my sheet itself and I know exactly where it's at if I need to remove it lol.

Each code I believe has it's unique function so it affects that specific area if done correctly. If not the system tells gives you an error message or sometimes nothing happens.

hope I explained it better here and that it helps

forgot to mention.. I think it still works with temp themes scratch

Last edited by Rii SouL on September 20th 2012, 6:29 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot to mention)

Rii SouL
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by lustromlingmech on September 20th 2012, 6:36 pm

Hey, you know what, it worked on the phpBB2 theme, but then I just messed up the phpBB2 theme and so I decided to update it just now. And the Chat box is White! Here's a screenshot of the chat box:

Before I mark this solved, I need to ask another question about the panel beside the messages showing who's post that is, the rank, the number of posts, etc. in phpBB3, the panel is on the right side, but the panel was on the left side. How can I change this? For example, I think this forum is in phpBB3, but the panel is on the left side.

lustromlingmech
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii SouL on September 20th 2012, 7:24 pm

Glad it worked!! :wouhou:

Unfortunately I'm still very new and don't really understand your other question. Don't know if you can provide more details? And I will try to help, but hopefully someone that really knows and can help you will reply soon fufufu Smile

Rii SouL
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by lustromlingmech on September 20th 2012, 7:58 pm

Ok, here's a screenshot of a message in my forum, with some things edited out, such as my signature. The panel I'm talking about is highlighted and labeled.

I want that panel to go on the left side, not the right side.

lustromlingmech
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii SouL on September 20th 2012, 8:10 pm

So sorry Jasper, you got me there :/

Hope someone reads post and can help soon, good luck. If I find anything regarding this while going through posts I will let you know, if you haven't been able to fix issue yet of course lol bye

Rii SouL
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by lustromlingmech on September 20th 2012, 8:22 pm

@Rii SouL wrote:So sorry Jasper, you got me there :/

Hope someone reads post and can help soon, good luck. If I find anything regarding this while going through posts I will let you know, if you haven't been able to fix issue yet of course lol bye

Oh, that's fine with me. I wasn't thinking you'd answer this question anyways.

lustromlingmech
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on September 20th 2012, 8:30 pm

Administration Panel > General > Forum > Configuration
Pages Structure Section
Profile position in the messages: [] Left [] Right

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35667

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lustromlingmech on September 20th 2012, 8:55 pm

Mm, very good. Solved.

lustromlingmech
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on September 20th 2012, 8:57 pm

Topic Solved & Locked

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum