The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

invaild Password

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pro Admin invaild Password

Post by Pkboo on September 21st 2012, 1:46 am

I have a few members on the forum I created (http://islanders.userboard.net/) tell me that they are having issues with the passwords that they pick. They get something about an invaild password. For one of them I have put in a new password for them so they can at least access their account to pick a new pass and they are able to get in with that one and then they change the pass for their account and I guess quickly have a look at the forum and then leave. Not sure if they have it set to remember them/keep them signed in but when they come back to the forum they have to sign back in and they put in the new pass and then they get the same invaild password error. I had reset this one persons pass twice for them and both times they got the same result after picking a new password. I have only reset 1 members password but I have at least 3 memebers that are having this issue. I know for sure that the one I reset the pass for did activate their account so its not that. I dont know what the problem is since I cant seem to recreate it myself. But I am hoping that soimeone here has a solution or idea of what it could be and point me in the right direction.

Had to sign up at this forum with a different email & name since for some reason I never got the activation email when I tried with my main email and yes I looked into my spam folder. I also waitied several hours just incase it took awile to show up there.

Pkboo

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Pro Admin Re: invaild Password

Post by Sanket on September 21st 2012, 5:41 am

The only way to check this is, once you change the password check if you can login using that new password in their account.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pkboo on September 21st 2012, 7:37 pm

For the one that I have changed the password for they are able to log in with the password I have set at least the one time. Once they get in they change it to someting else and the process starts all over again. I did ask the one that I have changed the pass for what browser they are using and they said Chrome. Besides having to change the pass and try myself any other possible solutions? If there is something they could do on their end then I dont want to have to reset the pass.

Pkboo

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGlow on September 22nd 2012, 2:53 am

Hello,

To start off with this, have you tried re-synchronizing, which might help? Wink

DarkGlow
Forumember

Male Posts : 629
Language : English | Hebrew | Arabic

Back to top Go down

Post by Pkboo on September 22nd 2012, 4:39 am

@DarkGlow wrote:Hello,

To start off with this, have you tried re-synchronizing, which might help? Wink
No I havent tried that didnt know bout it. Where exactly on the admin panel is it?

Also I had just tried one account that I had reset the pass to and I was able to get in fine with IE & Chrome and I had logged in & out several times but whats boggling my mind is when they had reset it before after I had sent them a new pass to get in then they have the problem. If it works with one pass then it should work with any pass but its not.

Pkboo

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkGlow on September 22nd 2012, 12:58 pm

ACP > Advanced mode > General tab > Configuration under Forum box > scroll till bottom > check to resynchronize > save.

DarkGlow
Forumember

Male Posts : 629
Language : English | Hebrew | Arabic

Back to top Go down

Post by Pkboo on September 22nd 2012, 7:49 pm

Ok thanks. Will see if tat works and will let you all know.

Pkboo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pkboo on September 27th 2012, 6:07 pm

Rideem3 wrote:Resynchronizing hardly does anything related to this. It synchronizes users to make sure they have the right number of posts, topics, and etc.

Has it worked for you?
Still waiting to hear back from them. If you think it wont work then what do you suggest trying?

Pkboo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on September 30th 2012, 5:53 am

Pkboo, if you can sign in with one password; they must be able to sign in as well. Either they are typing the password incorrectly or their keyboard is messed up. If required ask them to use the screen keyboard to type the password.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pkboo on October 1st 2012, 5:52 am

They are able to sign in with the pass that I set it to and then they change it and they get the invalid password error. They write down what they change it to and put in correctly but they still get the error.

Pkboo

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on October 1st 2012, 8:30 am

So they can log in with the passwords you created. Have they tried after they changed their passwords themselves to see if your passwords still work? It could be they are not saving their password changes.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35641

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pkboo on October 2nd 2012, 2:56 am

Yes they are trying it after they change it. They have been having the problem since they signed up and they need to put in a pass to sign up or it wont allow the registration take place.

Pkboo

Back to top Go down

Post by Leviosa on October 9th 2012, 10:11 am

Hello,

I need a screenshot of the error message they get if possible, and the name of the users. Smile

No help without your forum url
No support via private message

Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15359
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by backapalanka on October 12th 2012, 11:40 pm

Thank you for information.

backapalanka

Language : serbian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pkboo on October 15th 2012, 1:18 am

no its not solved yet. I am still waiting for one of the ones thats having the issues to get me a screen shot this way I can send in all the info together

Pkboo

Back to top Go down

Post by Leviosa on October 19th 2012, 10:10 am

Not yet ! Smile

No help without your forum url
No support via private message

Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15359