The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disabling "Notify me when a reply is posted"

4 posters

Go down

Disabling "Notify me when a reply is posted" Empty Disabling "Notify me when a reply is posted"

Post by becomeelite September 23rd 2012, 6:20 pm

I have been getting MANY complaints from members, and members actually leaving my site and threatning to contact "authorites" for getting spammed emails whenever a reply is posted in a thread. It seems this option is automatically checked for every member, and not all of them want to take the time to go in to Profile and change it.

I need an easy way that i can disable or remove this option from the Administration Panel for all members. If i edit the template/code can i remove that option? Can someone show me and paste which code i need to remove and where it is located.

The forum is www.InformationKeptQuiet.com if you need to look at it to see the layout or type

Thank you, and hope someone can help me!

-BE
becomeelite
Forumember

Language : English

http://www.informationkeptquiet.com

Back to top Go down

Disabling "Notify me when a reply is posted" Empty Re: Disabling "Notify me when a reply is posted"

Post by Sir Chivas™ September 23rd 2012, 6:23 pm

Hi,

Whenever creating a post or thread you have an option of notifying you when they reply or not. They don't have to go automatically to the Profile to change it. But that's their only option they have. So, in other words there is no other option.
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 6965
Language : EN, FR, ES

Back to top Go down

Disabling "Notify me when a reply is posted" Empty Re: Disabling "Notify me when a reply is posted"

Post by becomeelite September 23rd 2012, 6:37 pm

But most people overlook that option since its usually way at the bottom under options, and then wonder why they get spammed emails and just get annoyed.

There must be a way to edit out that option in the code/template of the site itself so it doesnt even show up as an option.
becomeelite
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray September 23rd 2012, 6:42 pm

Sorry there is not an option to turn it on or off for everyone. They will have to set it in their profiles.

Disabling "Notify me when a reply is posted" Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51464

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by becomeelite September 23rd 2012, 7:33 pm

What about removing the code for it though?

Like in another post i saw Sanket i think it was showing how to go in and remove the code for the Site Name part, so that it didnt show the Site Name at the top of your homepage by your logo, but it would still show the Site Name in emails.

I know there's a way to edit the template/code to remove the "notify when topic reply" option.
becomeelite
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ September 23rd 2012, 8:18 pm

Like Slg & I have said, there's no other option for now. Maybe, within the future they'll be an option. Sorry.
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 6965
Language : EN, FR, ES

Back to top Go down

Disabling "Notify me when a reply is posted" Empty -

Post by gossipgod13 September 24th 2012, 5:25 am

-

Last edited by Nera. on September 24th 2012, 9:14 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spam)
gossipgod13

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum