The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Wrong display of text formatting in posts written with Firefox by automatic line breaks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Wrong display of text formatting in posts written with Firefox by automatic line breaks

Post by Talk on October 1st 2012, 9:07 pm

When writing a post with Firefox for my forum TelTalk.org the line break for every first line of a paragraph happens very early.
The line break for further lines inside the paragraph happens also way too early.

Please consider I have inserted manual line breaks myself inside of the reply form only after each paragraph, but not inside of it!
But as you see in the following screenshot the whole space on the right is not filled. The line breaks happen automatically:

In this screenshot only long sentences without line break have been used.
If a forum poster uses long and short sentences variantly and in addition manual line breaks, the text becomes hard to read!

This problem doesn’t occur with Chrome.
After a post has been sent and in case it was created in Chrome, then the post looks completely fine, also in Firefox (but not if it was written in Firefox).

Talk
Forumember

Male Posts : 107
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Wrong display of text formatting in posts written with Firefox by automatic line breaks

Post by Talk on October 2nd 2012, 2:27 am

Thank you!

No, I have switched off all plug-ins before I posted the problem.

But the problem must have caused by WYSIWYG. By clicking the button I was able to get the right text formatting.

Problem solved!

Talk
Forumember

Male Posts : 107
Language : English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum