The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Posting topics that contain <iframe>

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Posting topics that contain <iframe>

Post by jemykirti on October 11th 2012, 2:03 pm

I would like to post a video that is able to be played in ios device, the video is in <iframe>, but when i paste the code and post the topic, nothing showed. Is there anyone can help me?

the code is

Code:
<iframe height=498 width=510 frameborder=0 src="http://player.youku.com/embed/index.html?prefer=h5&vid=XNDU0NjY1MjM2"></iframe>

jemykirti
Forumember

Posts : 37
Reputation : 1
Language : english,indonesia,chinese

Back to top Go down

Re: Posting topics that contain <iframe>

Post by runawayhorses on October 11th 2012, 3:00 pm

You need to enable HTML in your Admin panel.

Go to AP>>General>>Messages and e-mails>>Configuration>>

On that page find "Allow HTML" and select "Yes" and save your settings.

Note: For your already existing members to see it they will need to enable HTML in there profile page under "preferences". Your new members that register after you have enabled HTML in the Admin panel will not need to do that as there profile settings will automatically be set to allow HTML.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Reputation : 162
Language : English
Location : United States

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Posting topics that contain <iframe>

Post by jemykirti on October 11th 2012, 4:30 pm

thank you for the reply. "Allow HTML" is already set to yes, but this code still can be used. i paste the code and send it, and there is nothing shown on the topics. help....

jemykirti
Forumember

Posts : 37
Reputation : 1
Language : english,indonesia,chinese

Back to top Go down

Re: Posting topics that contain <iframe>

Post by Sanket on October 11th 2012, 4:36 pm

http://help.forumotion.com/t35636-enabling-html

Are you sure you did all mentioned in the tutorial?

If yes, please post the url of the thread where you posted it.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Posting topics that contain <iframe>

Post by jemykirti on October 11th 2012, 4:47 pm

yes i've done it as the tutorial said.





And here where i post it:

http://permitshanghai.forumotion.com/t888-galaxy-note2-vs-iphone-5#2143

Also here where i got the url

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDYwMzMwOTEy.html



Thank you for the response

jemykirti
Forumember

Posts : 37
Reputation : 1
Language : english,indonesia,chinese

Back to top Go down

Re: Posting topics that contain <iframe>

Post by Sanket on October 11th 2012, 4:52 pm

You do not need to use the iframe. Can you just use the second last code, html thing.
Code:
<embed src="http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/XNDYwMzMwOTEy/v.swf" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" width="480" height="400" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed>


Last edited by Sanket on October 11th 2012, 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Posting topics that contain <iframe>

Post by runawayhorses on October 11th 2012, 4:53 pm

Your code is not working because this part of the code does not link to a working video file. There is no video in that file:

Code:
http://player.youku.com/embed/index.html?prefer=h5&vid=XNDU0NjY1MjM2

The iframe works with a working video URL, here is the code of a working video in an <iframe:

Code:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kIBdpFJyFkc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Example:


runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Reputation : 162
Language : English
Location : United States

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Posting topics that contain <iframe>

Post by jemykirti on October 11th 2012, 4:55 pm

@Sanket wrote:You do not need to use the iframe. Can you just use the second last code, html thing.
Code:
<embed src="http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/XNDYwMzMwOTEy/v.swf" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" width="480" height="400" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed>

i've tested the html one, it can't be played on ios. The iframe one should be able to played on ios....

jemykirti
Forumember

Posts : 37
Reputation : 1
Language : english,indonesia,chinese

Back to top Go down

Re: Posting topics that contain <iframe>

Post by Sanket on October 11th 2012, 4:59 pm

Can you add it to that thread & let me check?

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Posting topics that contain <iframe>

Post by jemykirti on October 11th 2012, 5:03 pm

@Sanket wrote:Can you add it to that thread & let me check?

i've added the html one to the thread. It still not appear on my ipad.

jemykirti
Forumember

Posts : 37
Reputation : 1
Language : english,indonesia,chinese

Back to top Go down

Re: Posting topics that contain <iframe>

Post by jemykirti on October 11th 2012, 5:08 pm

@runawayhorses wrote:Your code is not working because this part of the code does not link to a working video file. There is no video in that file:

Code:
http://player.youku.com/embed/index.html?prefer=h5&vid=XNDU0NjY1MjM2

The iframe works with a working video URL, here is the code of a working video in an <iframe:

Code:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kIBdpFJyFkc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Example:


so it's my code problem? but i copy it from the website and it said it can worked on ios. I've also tried another video but from the same website, but still not worked. The website is china largest video sharing site, its like youtube for china, so i dont think there is a problem with the code. Still need help

jemykirti
Forumember

Posts : 37
Reputation : 1
Language : english,indonesia,chinese

Back to top Go down

Re: Posting topics that contain <iframe>

Post by runawayhorses on October 11th 2012, 5:15 pm

Oh ios, I wasn't paying attention to that part of your question my mistake. I don't know anything about ios.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Reputation : 162
Language : English
Location : United States

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Posting topics that contain <iframe>

Post by SLGray on October 11th 2012, 7:25 pm

@jemykirti wrote:
@Sanket wrote:Can you add it to that thread & let me check?

i've added the html one to the thread. It still not appear on my ipad.

@jemykirti wrote:
@runawayhorses wrote:Your code is not working because this part of the code does not link to a working video file. There is no video in that file:

Code:
http://player.youku.com/embed/index.html?prefer=h5&vid=XNDU0NjY1MjM2

The iframe works with a working video URL, here is the code of a working video in an <iframe:

Code:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kIBdpFJyFkc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Example:


so it's my code problem? but i copy it from the website and it said it can worked on ios. I've also tried another video but from the same website, but still not worked. The website is china largest video sharing site, its like youtube for china, so i dont think there is a problem with the code. Still need help
Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35624
Reputation : 2372
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Posting topics that contain <iframe>

Post by jemykirti on October 12th 2012, 2:18 am

@runawayhorses wrote:Oh ios, I wasn't paying attention to that part of your question my mistake. I don't know anything about ios.

ooo, thats ok, thank you very much for the help.

jemykirti
Forumember

Posts : 37
Reputation : 1
Language : english,indonesia,chinese

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum