The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Navigation bar

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Navigation bar

Post by DemonWreckage on October 19th 2012, 3:01 pm

Hello,

I almost just changed to a new theme, where the navigation bar is placed quite oddly. Anywho i choose to redo the navigation buttons, but there's too much space between them.

How can i shorten the space? (without having to change the buttons of course)

Screenshot
Spoiler:


Last edited by DemonWreckage on October 19th 2012, 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

DemonWreckage
Forumember

Male Posts : 415
Reputation : 229
Language : English
Location : Denmark

http://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Navigation bar

Post by Sanket on October 19th 2012, 4:39 pm

Please provide your forum URL for appearance problems

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Navigation bar

Post by DemonWreckage on October 19th 2012, 4:46 pm

@Sanket wrote:Please provide your forum URL for appearance problems

It's in my profile Razz but sure: http://northerngraphics.forumotion.com/

DemonWreckage
Forumember

Male Posts : 415
Reputation : 229
Language : English
Location : Denmark

http://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Navigation bar

Post by Sanket on October 19th 2012, 5:01 pm

The image itself has that transparent space around it. You will need to crop the images.
Make a graphics request on this forum, if you can't crop the images yourself.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Navigation bar

Post by Neymar1 on October 19th 2012, 8:18 pm

@Sanket wrote:The image itself has that transparent space around it. You will need to crop the images.
Make a graphics request on this forum, if you can't crop the images yourself.

Alternatively, put this in the CSS:

Code:
.pun img, .pun fieldset {
  margin-left: -20px;
}

That will hopefully work.




Neymar1
Forumember

Male Posts : 406
Reputation : 27
Language : HTML, CSS, and a bit of JavaScript
Location : Scotland

http://www.simplyfifa.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Navigation bar

Post by Sanket on October 19th 2012, 8:26 pm

@Neymar1 wrote:
@Sanket wrote:The image itself has that transparent space around it. You will need to crop the images.
Make a graphics request on this forum, if you can't crop the images yourself.

Alternatively, put this in the CSS:

Code:
.pun img, .pun fieldset {
  margin-left: -20px;
}

That will hopefully work.



That code I believe will only make all the navigation images more apart by 20 px.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Navigation bar

Post by Neymar1 on October 19th 2012, 8:39 pm

@Sanket wrote:
@Neymar1 wrote:
@Sanket wrote:The image itself has that transparent space around it. You will need to crop the images.
Make a graphics request on this forum, if you can't crop the images yourself.

Alternatively, put this in the CSS:

Code:
.pun img, .pun fieldset {
  margin-left: -20px;
}

That will hopefully work.



That code I believe will only make all the navigation images more apart by 20 px.

-20px. Not 20px.

I tried it out and it worked for me.

Neymar1
Forumember

Male Posts : 406
Reputation : 27
Language : HTML, CSS, and a bit of JavaScript
Location : Scotland

http://www.simplyfifa.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Navigation bar

Post by Sanket on October 19th 2012, 8:41 pm

My bad, i checked it with 20.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Navigation bar

Post by DemonWreckage on October 19th 2012, 9:24 pm

I didn't even notice that i made the extra space on the buttons lol. That happens when you're tired.

".pun img, .pun fieldset {
margin-left: -20px;
}"

This worked fine, so i don't need to change the buttons again. Thanks Sanket and Neymar1. :-)

DemonWreckage
Forumember

Male Posts : 415
Reputation : 229
Language : English
Location : Denmark

http://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Navigation bar

Post by SLGray on October 19th 2012, 10:01 pm

Topic Solved & Locked


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35622
Reputation : 2372
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum