The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Want to change default Nav menu

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Want to change default Nav menu

Post by TFG Stratz on October 23rd 2012, 4:32 am

Hello forumotion,

My forum tfgcommunity.forumotion.com is how I want it. Except that I want the home button to be the portal, and I already know how to add a Forum menu.

Basically what I am saying in concise manner, I want the redirect for the Home menu be the portal url, and remove the portal menu and have a Forum menu there. Making forum menu is easy, but I really wish there was a way to change the default menu redirections. (I already have the portal as the homepage, just want Home menu to redirect to same page.)

TFG Stratz

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Want to change default Nav menu

Post by TFG Stratz on October 25th 2012, 11:32 am

Rideem3 wrote:Go to Admin Panel -> Modules -> JavaScript Codes Management -> Make Sure It's Activated! -> Create New -> Select in all pages -> Title it whatever you want -> Paste:
Code:
$(function() {
document.getElementById('i_icon_mini_index').parentNode.href = "/portal";
});

Thank you so much for that Rideem3, but I need to know now how to remove the "portal" menu. would it be the same almost for removing that menu item?

EDIT: I have been at this for hours and finally figured out how to remove any of the menu items, anyone can use this as reference (This one is for the portal menu)
Code:
function remove(link) {
    link.parentNode.parentNode.removeChild(link.parentNode);
}

window.onload = function() {

var id = "i_icon_mini_portal";
  var element = document.getElementById(id);
  remove(element);   
};
}

Request Close/Solved

Last edited by TFG Stratz on October 25th 2012, 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Figured it out)

TFG Stratz

Language : English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum