The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to set editing rules?

2 posters

Go down

In progress How to set editing rules?

Post by tuxman007 Tue 23 Oct - 17:52

I run an RPG and social networking forum. I haven't been able to find a way to let users edit only their own posts, let moderators edit only their own posts but also report posts, and let the administrator edit all posts. How would you do this?

Or alternatively, could I set up a system where I get copies of all posts before anyone edits them so I can check to see if they were edited? I can't tell otherwise, because if the editor doesn't specify a reason for editing, the edited by report doesn't show up. Maybe someone knows what's wrong here as well?

Last edited by Base on Sat 27 Oct - 18:00; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo.)
tuxman007

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: How to set editing rules?

Post by Base Sat 27 Oct - 18:00

Hi, as Rideem3 said, all users should automatically be able to edit their own posts.

As for your moderator question, if you choose to give someone moderation powers then they are able to edit any post. Whether it has been made by them or not.

Though if you wish to give report status to moderators only, then you can do so by going to:

1. Administration Panel (advanced mode)
2. General Tab
3. Configuration (on the left, under Reports)
4. Select 'Report status : Moderators'
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down