The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Gallery Proposal suggestion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please read suggestion below and vote ..

50% 50% 
[ 2 ]
50% 50% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 4

Gallery Proposal suggestion

Post by WHITESABBATH on October 30th 2012, 3:47 pm

Doing graphics can be time consuming and for many they put a lot of pride into their work.
Although it's understood that not all creation submissions will be excepted for various reasons;But what are these reasons ?. In many cases it's never mentioned why a proposal was declined. In some cases i myself had wondered what was wrong with a declined proposal ;It got many compliments and a good rating(10/10) by fellow forumotion members. In 1 resent creation that was declined, other members from the graphics staff gave the creation their approval . So i have to wonder and question the entire reviewing process.
I am not here to step on toes, or create a fuss. I just feel change is needed in the manor in which a creation proposal is reviewed. Again for the obvious reason(s).

I suggest.
1. That it is brought to the attention of the designer/creator what changes should be made to his/her creation and why,prior to it being declined.

2. That the creator be allowed ample opportunity to "fix' their creation in hopes it passes the satisfaction of the graphic dept staff member(s) who decides the fate of a members creation.

3.That the fate of a members creation not solely rest on the decision of 1 member from the graphics staff. Staff members can post their comments/feedback/rating within the very thread of the proposed creation.

4. That the creator be given ample opportunity to provided an explanation as to why he/she made the creation in the manor for which it was made (Font ,Shading,shadow,ect) Should staff find anything wrong with submitted proposal (creation).

I ask that these suggestion be taken into consideration and viewed as positive direction in handling the time and care members put into their creations; thus allowing them every opportunity to make corrections /adjustments and feel as though they / their creations was handle with a measure of fairness from staff.

Respectfully,
Terry Whitesabbath

Last edited by WHITESABBATH on October 30th 2012, 8:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
WHITESABBATH
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1198
Language : English, F-Bombs

Back to top Go down

Re: Gallery Proposal suggestion

Post by SLGray on October 30th 2012, 5:20 pm

For suggestions, you need to add a poll.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 39188
Language : English

https://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike on October 30th 2012, 9:41 pm

@WHITESABBATH wrote:
1. That it is brought to the attention of the designer/creator what changes should be made to his/her creation and why,prior to it being declined.

Most of the time it is posted in the thread on what can be improved. If it it not, you can always PM the designer who declined it and ask why, that being said, I can see if we can make the time to post with each declined proposal.

@WHITESABBATH wrote:2. That the creator be allowed ample opportunity to "fix' their creation in hopes it passes the satisfaction of the graphic dept staff member(s) who decides the fate of a members creation.

I disagree with this part. They can always re-submit to the gallery proposal with fixes. We cannot leave the threads there otherwise there would be pages, upon pages, of proposals.

@WHITESABBATH wrote:3.That the fate of a members creation not solely rest on the decision of 1 member from the graphics staff. Staff members can post their comments/feedback/rating within the very thread of the proposed creation.

There isn't enough time for that. Comments are taken into consideration, but ultimately it is the responsibility of the designer who is accepting / declining proposals.

@WHITESABBATH wrote:4. That the creator be given ample opportunity to provided an explanation as to why he/she made the creation in the manor for which it was made (Font ,Shading,shadow,ect) Should staff find anything wrong with submitted proposal (creation).

Again, it is up to the designer who accepts / declines still. It doesn't matter what "manor" it is made with, since graphics that are in style, or in demand, often have key elements that need to be followed, and some elements will make the graphic be rejescted.

@WHITESABBATH wrote:every opportunity to make corrections /adjustments and feel as though they / their creations was handle with a measure of fairness from staff.

All proposals are treated fairly.

==

On the basis that this thread is posted on (which I assume is you trying to help Upestana based on the previous thread that you've written... I'd like to explain the situation behind it. It seems like he's gone and removed all his graphics due to 3 of his about 30 proposals being declined. The reasons behind this is that Upestana has alot of the same style when he designs. Alot of his ranks are in military style, and the three that I declined the other day were all very similar to ones that he has proposed in the past. I strongly object to having multiple of the same in the gallery, and this is where it relates to other members posting that they like the ranks, and then the designer declining them. If members, or the same member have basically the same thing that they submit again, it won't be accepted due to the basis of originality.

Thanks,
drogba921
Graphic Designer Team Leader
Mike
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 4243
Language : English, HTML, CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on March 20th 2013, 8:53 am

I sometimes wonder why some requests don't get accepted but Mike's post above seems to give me my answer.

I would like to perhaps suggest like Mike said might be possible if the Graphic Designer would maybe give a brief sentence on why the proposal is being rejected.

This would then give more feedback to the member who created the overall product.

Forum Rules: :Forumotion Staff: :Appeal A Warning: :FAQ: :Tips & Tricks: :Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8519
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on March 20th 2013, 9:48 am

Derri, we will try to incorporate your request of atleast providing a feedback on why the proposal was declined. Wink
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Dooku on January 8th 2015, 10:51 pm

Good question, I sometimes wonder the same thing. Wink
Count Dooku
Forumember

Language : English, French, some Arabic