The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to lock the whole forum

4 posters

Go down

In progress How to lock the whole forum

Post by ~°°Complicated°°~ November 2nd 2012, 1:02 pm

Hey guys, I know there have been topics similar to this one, but I haven't found an answer to this particular question: is there any way to lock the whole forum so that no one (expect the Admins of course) can't see anything, not even the design?
I would like to know is it possible to lock it up in a way that when someone comes on the forum there is only black background and the message that it's under maintenance.
Thanks in advance for the answer! Smile
~°°Complicated°°~
~°°Complicated°°~

Female Posts : 9
Language : English, Croatian

http://bonjovi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: How to lock the whole forum

Post by Jophy November 2nd 2012, 1:07 pm

Hello,

Not sure what's your real question:
is there any way to lock the whole forum so that no one (expect the Admins of course) can't see anything, not even the design?
You can do this through permissions Perms

Admin Panel > General > Categories & Forums > Permissions(for the forum) Perms
Make sure that the view and read box for members, moderators and other groups(if there is) is unchecked > Save
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by ~°°Complicated°°~ November 4th 2012, 11:09 pm

Thanks for your answer but I already know that, I was wondering is there any way to lock it so they don't see anything, not only the categories and posts but the front page, the colors and pictures of the site, like the site doesn't currently exist while it's on maintenance. But now I don't need it anymore, thanks anyway! Smile
The admins can delete this topic if they don't have the answer or don't understand my question either.
~°°Complicated°°~
~°°Complicated°°~

Female Posts : 9
Language : English, Croatian

http://bonjovi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lustromlingmech November 9th 2012, 7:17 am

You happen to be lucky that I've seen this topic. There is a thing where you can declare your forum is under maintenance. Go to your admin panel, general, then configuration. There's an option that says, "forum under construction:" Click yes, then nobody but you will have access to it until 24 hours prior to the closing. You can click "customize" to customize the message that appears.

I haven't actually tried it, so I don't know how well it should fit your needs.
lustromlingmech
Forumember

Male Posts : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaizer Lee November 9th 2012, 9:54 am

The Under Construction sometimes gets a no so I suggest for you to check it once a day as well so in case it goes open, you can lock it but the above user's method is efficient so try it.
Kaizer Lee
Kaizer Lee
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1064
Language : English, Tagalog, Spanish and Chinese

http://www.medievalchaos.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy November 9th 2012, 1:17 pm

~°°Complicated°°~ wrote:Thanks for your answer but I already know that, I was wondering is there any way to lock it so they don't see anything, not only the categories and posts but the front page, the colors and pictures of the site, like the site doesn't currently exist while it's on maintenance. But now I don't need it anymore, thanks anyway! Smile
The admins can delete this topic if they don't have the answer or don't understand my question either.
Topic Solved & Locked
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down