The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Posting this again- All of my smileys stopped showing up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress Posting this again- All of my smileys stopped showing up

Post by Brianman24 on November 15th 2012, 5:33 pm

So apparently I was banned for whatever reason and I don't see my topic so I'm reposting this.

My smileys on my forum have stopped showing up. I have a lot of smileys added and as of right now only the text shows up and we can't post them. All of the default smileys still show up, but the ones I added will not. I don't know what caused this problem but I would like someone to help me with it. I would rather not have to go back and re add all the smileys as it would be time consuming so if there's an easier way to fix this please help and if not tell me so I can know I'm going to have to spend hours re adding them all.

This is my forum

http://www.our4tnz.com/

Brianman24

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Posting this again- All of my smileys stopped showing up

Post by Brianman24 on November 16th 2012, 9:11 pm

Sorry for double posting, but I haven't gotten any replies and it's been over 24 hours now. Can anyone help me here? If there's nothing that anyone can do at least tell me so I can start re-adding all my smilies.

Brianman24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on November 17th 2012, 7:40 am

Do you have a test admin account which you can send me?

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brianman24 on November 20th 2012, 12:30 am

@Sanket wrote:Do you have a test admin account which you can send me?

I can make one

Brianman24

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on November 20th 2012, 1:56 am

also do you have a board to where gust can post so i can see if they show for me on my end.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Brianman24 on November 20th 2012, 4:58 am

@kirk wrote:also do you have a board to where gust can post so i can see if they show for me on my end.

Yes

h t tp : / /w w w . o ur4 tnz. com /f1 5-guests-and-lurkers-board

Just remove the spaces. It says new members can't post external links for 7 days.

I doubt they will show up though. Even in the smilies box all I see is the text.

Brianman24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivypelt on November 20th 2012, 6:01 am

Guests aren't allowed to post there, I checked. It could be only for me though.

Ivypelt
Forumember

Female Posts : 48

http://warriorcatsxtreme.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brianman24 on November 20th 2012, 6:14 am

Try now.

Brianman24

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on November 20th 2012, 6:27 am

Have you checked to see if the links for the smilies have be changed in the administration panel?

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35661

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Brianman24 on November 20th 2012, 7:01 am

slg wrote:Have you checked to see if the links for the smilies have be changed in the administration panel?

how would I do that?

Brianman24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on November 20th 2012, 10:15 am

Display>Smilies

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brianman24 on November 20th 2012, 7:28 pm

Not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at here. I go to display and smilies and just like in the posts only the default smilies show up. The rest just show up as text

Brianman24

Back to top Go down

Post by nextlevelgaming on November 20th 2012, 7:36 pm

Which means you most likely copied the URL from another site, and that site has changed their folder or deleted that file. Upload the images to servimg.com and then post the URLs back in the smilies section. You should never direct link to someone elses site, and this could be a perfect example of why!

nextlevelgaming
Forumember

Male Posts : 989
Language : English|CSS|HTML5|javascript|

http://www.easybbtutorials.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brianman24 on November 21st 2012, 4:41 am

@nextlevelgaming wrote:Which means you most likely copied the URL from another site, and that site has changed their folder or deleted that file. Upload the images to servimg.com and then post the URLs back in the smilies section. You should never direct link to someone elses site, and this could be a perfect example of why!

No, that's not true. All of the smilies I added I am sure I saved to my computer before adding them to my forum and even if you were right I highly doubt ever site I got the smilies from decided to change their folder or delete the file all at the same exact time. Like I said, all the smilies just disappeared at once and were replaced with the text.

Brianman24

Back to top Go down

Post by nextlevelgaming on November 21st 2012, 5:16 am

To simply put this, does not matter if they are on your computer. That is nothing. If you uploaded them to your own 'free host' then that would then stray from the idea i posted. I will check your site and see what is wrong.

PS: for anyone to help you really, you need to either provide a guest acct. Or B allow guest to post until your answer is provided. We need to see if anything is corrupt in coding and so forth.

nextlevelgaming
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on November 21st 2012, 5:22 am

One thing I see on your forum is that the type for the ones you added is Text/HTML while the others is GIF Image.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Brianman24 on November 21st 2012, 5:39 am

@nextlevelgaming wrote:To simply put this, does not matter if they are on your computer. That is nothing. If you uploaded them to your own 'free host' then that would then stray from the idea i posted. I will check your site and see what is wrong.

PS: for anyone to help you really, you need to either provide a guest acct. Or B allow guest to post until your answer is provided. We need to see if anything is corrupt in coding and so forth.

I do have it set to where guests can post on the guests and lurkers board I linked to.

I will try re uploading one of the smilies to see if that works. If it does then I am sure that I am right.

Edit: I have re uploaded one of the smilies that stopped showing up from my computer to my forum's smilies and now it works just fine, so your idea is incorrect as I suspected. The images are working fine, but my forum is for some reason no longer displaying them.

SLG, what smilies are you referring to?

Brianman24

Back to top Go down

Post by nextlevelgaming on November 21st 2012, 7:41 pm

So you smilies are broken. Like I said it does not matter if they work on your computer. They need to be on a hosting server, like you said you reuploaded the image, which then in turn means you mean reuploaded the image to a server so now its working and not broken.

nextlevelgaming
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brianman24 on November 21st 2012, 7:55 pm

@nextlevelgaming wrote:So you smilies are broken. Like I said it does not matter if they work on your computer. They need to be on a hosting server, like you said you reuploaded the image, which then in turn means you mean reuploaded the image to a server so now its working and not broken.

What you just said made no sense. I don't think you know what you're talking about so please don't reply on this thread if you can't help.

Brianman24

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on November 21st 2012, 8:44 pm

Are these smilies hosted somewhere else?

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by nextlevelgaming on November 21st 2012, 9:06 pm

HAHAHA it's ok Brianman, I was saying your images can work all the time on your computer, since you have them saved to you HD. Once saved you can view them even if your computer does not have internet. Thats what I was getting at. Your useless comment of stating they work fine on your computer is what I was getting at. A broken image is an image that either the link was broken so the website has no idea where the image is, or the hosting site of the image stopped hosting them. Another broken image which can happen is when people off site link an image, the folder gets moved around and so that image will no longer work. It's simple common sense, so you my friend have no idea what you are talking about. If you did this answer would have been fixed and closed a long time ago. Duh

nextlevelgaming
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brianman24 on November 21st 2012, 11:17 pm

@nextlevelgaming wrote:HAHAHA it's ok Brianman, I was saying your images can work all the time on your computer, since you have them saved to you HD. Once saved you can view them even if your computer does not have internet. Thats what I was getting at. Your useless comment of stating they work fine on your computer is what I was getting at. A broken image is an image that either the link was broken so the website has no idea where the image is, or the hosting site of the image stopped hosting them. Another broken image which can happen is when people off site link an image, the folder gets moved around and so that image will no longer work. It's simple common sense, so you my friend have no idea what you are talking about. If you did this answer would have been fixed and closed a long time ago. Duh

You are still making no sense. The images have all been uploaded to my forum, and now only the default ones show up. The rest all just show up as text. Are you saying that the problem is with my forum, that it has stopped hosting the images? In that case, isn't this a forumotion issue?

Brianman24

Back to top Go down

Post by Brianman24 on November 21st 2012, 11:19 pm

slg wrote:Are these smilies hosted somewhere else?

What do you mean?

I don't think so. I just go to my admin panel display smilies then upload them from my computer and save them. The ones I have reuploaded since the problem started work fine now but I still don't know why all of a sudden the forum stopped showing the images. If there is a way to fix it without reuploading them all I would like to do that as reuploading every single one will be time consuming

Brianman24

Back to top Go down

Post by nextlevelgaming on November 21st 2012, 11:29 pm

No it could not be a forumotion issue. I'm not positive on this here, but sometimes if your site doesn't get enough hits or something of that sort servimg will close down that account. Try signing into your servimg.com account and seeing if all images that you are hosting are still there, or if they are not showing.

And honestly, I'm going to have to say that you might as well reupload your images. Just to ensure your state of mind knowing that they are back up and running. It may be time consuming, though so wouldn't a pro admin post. I have a facebook issue that has been open for like three months awaiting for a response from a pro admin.

nextlevelgaming
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brianman24 on November 22nd 2012, 12:43 am

I don't have a servimg account?

I guess I'll just get started on reuploading them then

Brianman24

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on November 22nd 2012, 12:50 am

@Brianman24 wrote:
@nextlevelgaming wrote:HAHAHA it's ok Brianman, I was saying your images can work all the time on your computer, since you have them saved to you HD. Once saved you can view them even if your computer does not have internet. Thats what I was getting at. Your useless comment of stating they work fine on your computer is what I was getting at. A broken image is an image that either the link was broken so the website has no idea where the image is, or the hosting site of the image stopped hosting them. Another broken image which can happen is when people off site link an image, the folder gets moved around and so that image will no longer work. It's simple common sense, so you my friend have no idea what you are talking about. If you did this answer would have been fixed and closed a long time ago. Duh

You are still making no sense. The images have all been uploaded to my forum, and now only the default ones show up. The rest all just show up as text. Are you saying that the problem is with my forum, that it has stopped hosting the images? In that case, isn't this a forumotion issue?

@Brianman24 wrote:
slg wrote:Are these smilies hosted somewhere else?

What do you mean?

I don't think so. I just go to my admin panel display smilies then upload them from my computer and save them. The ones I have reuploaded since the problem started work fine now but I still don't know why all of a sudden the forum stopped showing the images. If there is a way to fix it without reuploading them all I would like to do that as reuploading every single one will be time consuming
Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by nextlevelgaming on November 22nd 2012, 1:39 am

You get a servimg.com account once you start uploading images in your ACP of your forum board. use your email and pass for the admin account at servimg.com

nextlevelgaming
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brianman24 on November 22nd 2012, 4:23 am

I have no servimg.com account to my knowledge

Brianman24

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on November 22nd 2012, 4:38 am

Administration Panel > Misc. > Image Hosting

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum