The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Disconcerting lack of new updates

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disconcerting lack of new updates

Post by Soulmonster on November 22nd 2012, 7:27 pm

Hi all,

I am a very satisfied Forumotion user for a couple of years now, but have noticed what I perceive to be a lack of updates lately despite a large amount of suggestions from users. Why is this so? Would it be possible to get some more transparency from the admins in regards to what updates is expected in the future and when they will be rolled out? Would it also be possible to get more feedback in regards to the suggestion we come with? The way it is now it is hard to see the point in suggesting things when we have no way of knowing whether the suggestions are actually considered or even read.

Cheers.

Soulmonster
Forumember

Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Re: Disconcerting lack of new updates

Post by Jophy on November 23rd 2012, 5:51 am

Hello,

Please read this:
http://help.forumotion.com/t108503-a-good-suggestion

Though I will see if our pro admin can answer on this thread. I'll leave this topic open for your comments/opinion. Smile

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Leviosa on November 23rd 2012, 9:58 am

Hello,

I'll try to answer to your question in the best way that I can Wink

First of all, you have to know that even though the service may seem stagnant, it isn't the case at all.
In fact, the technicians are in perpetual search or set up of solutions and updates.
Sometimes, it may seem transparent to members because there's no new features in your everyday use of forums. But, in reality, you've to know that we make several security updates or changes on codes and servers to optimize the stability of the forums, and it's actually not possible for you to detect this.
However, it remains a great work for the techs Smile

Regarding new features, we are actually working on it. New features designed to satisfy you will soon make their appearance.
In the meantime, patience is required, but you can be sure that your posts and suggestions are read and taken in consideration.
We're just trying to conciliate them with our priorities and the rest of our works.

Thank you very much and see you soon ! bye

Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15378
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster on November 23rd 2012, 10:02 am

Thank you for these two helpful replies.

It is satisfying to hear that our suggestions are actually read and taken into consideration, otherwise there wouldn't be much point in them Wink

Would it be possible to increase the transparency so that we could be informed about upcoming updates and what the development team is currently working on? Would it also be possible to post in the suggestions threads and inform about whether specific suggestions will be implemented or not?

Soulmonster
Forumember

Language : Norwegian

Back to top Go down

Post by Leviosa on November 23rd 2012, 10:33 am

Yes of course, we usually prefer to wait until a project is actually viable to inform our members. thumright
When new features are on the verge of seeing the day, you will be informed via the section "Announcements/Updates" Very Happy

Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15378
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on November 24th 2012, 9:56 am

I hope we answered your question. Thank you for understanding. Smile

Topic Locked

Jophy