The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CNAME Record Error

3 posters

Go down

Solved CNAME Record Error

Post by japzone December 6th 2012, 7:15 am

I'm trying to link my Domain which is registered with Namecheap.com with my Forumotion Forum. In my Domain Host Records I entered the Sub-Domain I desire to use for the forum, then entered "myforum.forumotion.com" as the URL, and selected CNAME(ALIAS). The new Host Record saved successfully and gave me no errors, however when I go into my Forum settings to register my custom domain I get the following error:

The supplied domain name is not well configured
You have no CNAME redirecting to : myforum.forumotion.com
You have configured a A type DNS ( A type redirects to an IP address, and not to a textual domain name like the CNAME )

No matter what I try I get the same error. I know I've set it up right on the Domain side because I've setup sub-domains using CNAME before. Why is it convinced I have it set for "A (Address)"(Namecheap's term) instead of CNAME?

Last edited by japzone on December 7th 2012, 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Problem Solved)
japzone

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: CNAME Record Error

Post by Sanket December 6th 2012, 8:20 am

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by japzone December 7th 2012, 2:00 am

Well now it's happy. I didn't change anything on my Domain since yesterday yet somehow it Decided I did in fact setup my domain correctly so problem solved.

Moral of this Story:
When editing your Domains Host Records give it a day for the not so fast DNS hosts servers to realize that you updated your domain. And also always use the Google 8.8.8.8 DNS Server because Domain changes are updated within minutes instead of hours.
japzone

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray December 7th 2012, 4:01 am

Topic Solved & Locked

CNAME Record Error Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51482

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down