The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Embedding my 'exported for web' quicktime video

Go down

Solved Embedding my 'exported for web' quicktime video

Post by Guest December 12th 2012, 10:38 am

Hi there,

I have little knowledge in coding and was hoping someone here could help me? In the forum I have created, in one of the posts I am putting in some content and referencing some videos. I don't want to use youtube for this.

I have exported my video file via Quicktime using the option for the web, I have personal server space so I can put that exported folder on there, no problem. I want to link to the video file, but I would like to see the preview of the video much like you do with YouTube, rather than a link, so it is embedded into the thread.

I'm struggling to understand what I have to do with their instructions. The documents read:

Use the following HTML code to embed your movie into your web page.

Important Notes:

To make your media viewable on the Internet, your media assets (movies, poster image) must be placed on a publicly accessible server.
The URL parameters must be modified if your media assets are served from a different location than your web page.
The movie URL parameters must always point to the reference movie (Archwire.mov) rather than a source movie.
The reference movie must be kept in the same folder as the source movies.
Source movie names cannot be changed, but you can change the name of the reference movie (remember to change it in the HTML code as well).
Please note, to properly validate as XHTML, the <style> tag and the first <script> tag should be placed within your page's <head> tag.
You may choose whether to use a JavaScript movie controller, including a Play/Pause button and a clickable timeline, or the original QuickTime movie controller:

Use this code in the <head> of your web page:
*code is here*

Use this code in the <body> of your web page:
*code is here*

Is this something that isn't possible? I'm not sure where I'd put the code in reference to the forum options. I know there's the hope page and css stylesheet, but I'm trying to embed them on a particular post from within a support thread.

Any help is greatly appreciated, this is driving me nuts!

Last edited by Wing6704 on December 13th 2012, 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Embedding my 'exported for web' quicktime video

Post by Guest December 12th 2012, 10:53 am

Oh - needed to add I would like to use the Javascript controller - if that makes a difference?

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray December 13th 2012, 3:17 am

Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!
Please don't use bold or color. Please keep to the default text. This is reserved for the staff for moderation.

Embedding my 'exported for web' quicktime video Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51482
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 13th 2012, 11:27 am

Hi,

I don't think what I've asked is possible, been looking on the web for a solution since yesterday morning on a lot of forums and the only way to embed a secure JS video in a thread is if you build a website, which is an entirely different thing. As this is a forum I'm not sure the two meet in quite the same way. I think you can only embed videos from YouTube, GVideo and Dailymotion which is a bit archaic and unsecured :/

If this is a problem that can't be solved can you delete the thread.

EDIT: I'm actually desperate to do anything to get this to work now. I have created an flv, f4v file. Is there anyway to embed these into the thread? I've uploaded them to my sever but when I link them they just throw up a page of code, no video?

Or can i embed quicktime movs? I have read there is some way to activate that on phpbb3, but I don't know if that extends to forumation. I found a link here to the tutorial: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=575096

I tried their code but nothing works. This is insanely antagonising. Can anyone please help me with this?

Last edited by Wing6704 on December 13th 2012, 4:03 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Nearly 2 days trying to do this, so decided to opt for a different approach)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 13th 2012, 5:39 pm

Right, finally getting somewhere. I've created a new HTML page within the ACP and I'm using the header and footer from the settings. I've figured I can put our video content in by using the following code:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<video width="640" height="480" controls>
  <source src="http://www.ourvideoherelinkedhere.mov" type="video/mp4">
  Your browser does not support the video tag.
</video>

</body>
</html>

I've tested this and it works great. So my question has changed a little.

How can I centre the video in relation to the page in the html code? Second, how do I index this page in relation to the forum?

I would like to place it in one of the forums, the forum named 'video'. This is the only way I have found to be able to embed video content that is linked from our server, where the video file is hosted.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray December 13th 2012, 8:08 pm

Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!

Second Reminder

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 14th 2012, 4:31 pm

Solved the issue.

I just put the HTML code in the forum thread and it embedded the layout for me linking to our hosted video on our servers. Was actually simple in the end. Why no one could have just mentioned that in the first place? Hem Two and half days that took me!

Live and learn I guess. Can you mark this as solved.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray December 14th 2012, 6:25 pm

Topic Solved & Locked

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down