The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FMChat Not Functioning

2 posters

Go down

Solved FMChat Not Functioning

Post by Vitamin December 16th 2012, 1:08 pm

Sorry to beat an old hors... topic but I just can't get FMChat to function on my forum. The chatbox is there, but it doesn't appear on all pages of the forum.

I've redone it three separate times following the tutorial, I've also deleted the forum cookies and cache twice before.

My forum is popovydollsociety.forumotion.com . Please help!

On another note, this smiley made me laugh aloud groar
Vitamin

Female Posts : 17
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: FMChat Not Functioning

Post by Guest December 16th 2012, 5:13 pm

You are sure that javascript is working??

I had the conclussion when I put the code for FORUM WIDGETS to "Admin Panel -> Display -> Indexpage -> General -> Message at the Indexpage /forumpage (I'm not sure what it is in English)

Because when I put the code in forumwidgets which I don't want to use (I clicked on no by "display forum widgets"), I didn't got this FMChat as well, but when I put the code in the "message at the indexpage/forumpage" it works also. And you can put there other text before or after that code, without any problems.

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.fmquery.com/14000.js"></script><div id="FMChatBase" class="chatbase" onclick="openClose()"><span style="font-weight: bold; line-height: 2em; font-size: 11px;">ChatBox</span></div><div id="chat" style="display: none;"><iframe id="FMChat" name="FMChat" onload="FMChatLoad();" style="border: none; border-radius: 5px; -moz-border-radius: 5px; -webkit-border-radius: 5px;" src="/chatbox" height="100%" width="100%"></iframe></div>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.fmquery.com/14000.js"></script><div id="FMChatBase" class="chatbase" onclick="openClose(); autoLog();"><span style="font-weight: bold; line-height: 2em; font-size: 11px;">ChatBox</span></div><div id="chat" style="display: none;"><iframe id="FMChat" name="FMChat" onload="FMChatLoad();" style="border: none; border-radius: 5px; -moz-border-radius: 5px; -webkit-border-radius: 5px;" src="/chatbox" height="100%" width="100%"></iframe></div>

[Sorry for my bad English]

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitamin December 16th 2012, 5:52 pm

Ohhh. Well, what do you know, it did work, thanks!

Although, the pop up is distracting because it can't be closed(?), and it's only on the homepage.

Any way to get the chat on the bottom of the page on all pages of the board?

Thanks people!
Vitamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitamin December 18th 2012, 3:57 am

Bump!
Vitamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitamin December 18th 2012, 12:00 pm

I couldn't close it when I did what Mistlyn suggested (pasted the script to the homepage message box). It popped up, I could log in or out, but not close the window.

And, because it's in the 'homepage message' area, it's not on every page of the forum...~
Vitamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitamin December 19th 2012, 12:21 am

Razz I created a widget the first several times, FM chat still wasn't appearing.

Mistlyn just suggested I put it for the homepage message.

I'll try putting it as an announcement....
Vitamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitamin December 19th 2012, 8:56 am

Um, I think I'm understanding FMchat now. For some reason I thought it was going to take the place of the Chatbox at the bottom of the homepage screen. So, there's no way to have a chat at the bottom of the forum, in all pages of the forum?~

Edit: Wow, so it seems to be functioning now, I'm not sure what it was I did differently... I can now see the little blue Chatbox button. I changed my widgets from the left to right side, not sure if that did it...

But, about my other question Hello
Vitamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitamin December 21st 2012, 3:54 am

Dawa
Vitamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitamin December 21st 2012, 11:42 pm

Vitamin wrote:So, there's no way to have a chat at the bottom of the forum, in all pages of the forum?~

I suppose not, though~
Vitamin

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfSpades December 22nd 2012, 12:04 am

Vitamin wrote:
Vitamin wrote:So, there's no way to have a chat at the bottom of the forum, in all pages of the forum?~

I suppose not, though~
You may have a slow/old computer, or the chat is programmed for a newer version of phpbb. Try uninstalling it then re-installing it or changing the phpbb version, like i did. thumleft
KingOfSpades
KingOfSpades
Forumember

Male Posts : 215
Language : EN

http://roleplaymachugas.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitamin December 22nd 2012, 12:40 am

Definitely not the computer. Changing the version, you say... and I can have the chat at the bottom, on all pages. Lemme see~

Edit: Actually, I've customized the heck out of my forum, and changing the version would reset most things.

So, feel free to lock this topic, mods (if there's nothing more to say?) And thanks for your help people~
Vitamin

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfSpades December 22nd 2012, 12:57 am

Vitamin wrote:Definitely not the computer. Changing the version, you say... and I can have the chat at the bottom, on all pages. Lemme see~

Edit: Actually, I've customized the heck out of my forum, and changing the version would reset most things.

So, feel free to lock this topic, mods (if there's nothing more to say?) And thanks for your help people~

That`s why you learn these things BEFORE customizing(Not trying to be rude). When I started, I asked people how to make stuff, then I customized it.
KingOfSpades
KingOfSpades
Forumember

Male Posts : 215
Language : EN

http://roleplaymachugas.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum