The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personal Domain Name & DNS Issues

3 posters

Go down

In progress Personal Domain Name & DNS Issues

Post by Korvic December 21st 2012, 3:15 am

Hello all! Korvic here. I have been trying to get a dedicated domain for my server, and to do this I thought I would just run it through the forumotion website (paid for a .net). My only issue is I need a more in-depth explanation of what to do, or specifically, how to...

Personal Domain Name & DNS Issues 751b9d795e43bdd69001884c6e02e4d0

Thanks for any help you can offer. ^_^
Korvic
Korvic
Forumember

Male Posts : 143
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Personal Domain Name & DNS Issues

Post by Korvic December 21st 2012, 11:26 pm

I am sorry for not waiting the proper 24 hours, however, this is now becoming Urgent. Give me a warn if you like, however I need an answer as to how one could setup a re-direct IP (For a server connection). The server that I want it to connect to is hosted elsewhere, I just need it to go through the domain. Please?
Korvic
Korvic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Korvic December 23rd 2012, 1:14 am

Nothing? Please. I really need this, our server is already behind launch because I can't set the domain name for the connection IP. This is killing us!
Korvic
Korvic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 23rd 2012, 6:54 am

Korvic, if the following link does not help you should take help from the domain name registrar.
https://help.forumotion.com/t7021-redirect-an-extern-domain-name-that-you-own-to-your-board
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Korvic December 23rd 2012, 11:26 pm

This doesn't help at all, I've registered the website via Forumotion, and do not know where/how I would connect to my provider to setup a redirect. That's what I need, because I didn't register the domain, Forumotion did. I need the address and how I would obtain login info.
Korvic
Korvic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 24th 2012, 4:50 am

You brought the domain name from Forumotion?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Korvic December 24th 2012, 10:38 am

I bought it through forumotion for the 1600 credits part of it, it does not tell me who the provider is or how I would connect to it.
Korvic
Korvic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 24th 2012, 10:46 am

You cannot connect to it. Forumotion has brought it. Whenever you want to take your domain name away, you can make a request here for a domain name transfer code. With that code, you can host your domain name on a different domain registrar.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Korvic December 27th 2012, 7:14 pm

I want to have a redirect IP. I.E. something along the lines of login.deus-venatus.net connect to an IP for our hosted server. This would allow people to login via Minecraft to our server. If we can't do this we sure as heck aren't ever coming back to forumotion because that's a basic setup you can do. If we could log in to our host account of whomever you bought our domain from then it would be done within minutes. To have to pay so much for the domain, I thought it was worth it due to costamizeability, but it seems that's not allowed. In the ACP it even has instructions on how to connect to it, except I don't know what host it is, nor the username/password used. This is just rediculous.

EDIT: If it isn't clear enough, I want to do what it says I am able to do, here.

Personal Domain Name & DNS Issues Cd0378164103c97604b87930067c04fd
Korvic
Korvic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Korvic December 31st 2012, 2:34 am

Hello? Could I get an explanation as to how I'm supposed to do the above? Your instructions don't exactly make it clear.
Korvic
Korvic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Korvic January 1st 2013, 3:04 am

That is rediculous, why on earth should I have bought it without having what EVERY other website offers? I don't see why you could NOT do it? In order for forumotion to have the domain registered, you need the login yourselves. I would be content with someone else setting it up, I just want it set up. The price is higher for the forumotion forum as is. I thought this was a good company, but I see I was wrong and know that I will be switching and never paying again, should I not be able to do one simple thing every other website offers.
Korvic
Korvic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Korvic January 1st 2013, 3:34 am

It would have been useful to have known this beforehand. If you can't do this simple task give me my money back and remove the .net because this is not what I paid for. If you can't set the domain back then send me my money back and keep your domain, I don't want it if that's the case.
Korvic
Korvic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by EndlessDream January 1st 2013, 8:12 pm

Hi Korvic,
I agree with you.. ToS of forumotion doesn't say anything about domain names.... however, I would recommend you to read this https://help.forumotion.com/t105014-remove-transfer-a-personalized-domain-name#684919 It's about Domain name transfer (from forumotion) to another registrar. (Read all)
EndlessDream
EndlessDream
Forumember

Male Posts : 107
Language : English, Spanish, Serbian

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum