The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

HELP No members but administrators can post or create topics on the forum

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress HELP No members but administrators can post or create topics on the forum

Post by Will Lair on December 22nd 2012, 2:16 am

Hey, I'm an admin of a forum and there's a huge problem, for some reason nobody who isn't in the Administrators usergroup can post any messages, despite the forums having their permissions changed to ALL, can somebody help us out? It's trully annoying and I really ran out of ideas...

Forum HERE

Will Lair

Language : Spanish

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: HELP No members but administrators can post or create topics on the forum

Post by SLGray on December 22nd 2012, 2:27 am

When you set the permissions was the permissions in the advanced mode?

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35674
Language : English

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: HELP No members but administrators can post or create topics on the forum

Post by Will Lair on December 22nd 2012, 8:55 am

I think so, yeah.

Will Lair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on December 22nd 2012, 4:45 pm

Can you post a screenshot of the permissions which you setup?

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Lair on December 23rd 2012, 12:15 am

Okay, here

Spoiler:

Will Lair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on December 23rd 2012, 6:53 am

To change the permissions go into individual forums & see if they have the ability to open a new topic.
General>Categories and Forums
Click on a forum name.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by riceme on December 24th 2012, 3:30 am

I have been a member of a lot of you all's forums for many years, and this is my second go-round with being an Admin, but this is the first time I've had to troubleshoot forum issues. Have only had to ban jerks, trolls, duplicate users and track-down baddies in the past, for the most part.

I followed above instructions and have full access to everything. Trouble is, in order to troubleshoot an issue, I need to create a new forum/topic, and I don't know how. My friend, our founder and other Admin, is a nurse and on a 16-hour shift right now and I cannot reach her. Can you all please help me out?

Many thanks and kind regards.

I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. -Nelson Mandela

riceme

Female Posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Lair on December 24th 2012, 3:42 am

Okay, these are the permissions of the Ideas forum, supposed to be for everyone to create polls and normal topics and respond to them.

Spoiler:

And

Will Lair

Back to top Go down

Post by riceme on December 24th 2012, 4:25 am

Thank you much Mr. Lair, but I do not have an Ideas forum and I cannot see the images you posted clear enough to determine what they translate to on my forum system. Would you be kind enough to advise me of the subcategories under which they fall? Surely those can't be too different.

Again, many thanks and kind regards.

I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. -Nelson Mandela

riceme

Back to top Go down

Post by riceme on December 24th 2012, 5:01 am

Rideem3 wrote:
Please refrain form posting fake signatures in your messages. This is against the rules. Wink

Is this solved?

That is actually the signature in my profile here but it doesn't seem to post, or intermittently at the very best. But since posting my help.forumotion.com signature seems against the rules, I shall henceforth refrain from the workaround to whatever glitch seems to be that prevents the site from signatures being posted on their own.

As stated in my last post, I do not have an "Ideas" forum and could not read any of the text from your posted images. However, the founder and other Admin called me on her lunch break and helped me resolve THIS issue, which only brought upon a second issue, which is that we cannot seem to create private forum topics, even by creating a group for a test forum topic. Despite all permissions and security measures taken, ALL of our topics are visible to all members (critical because it is a medical issues forum... cancer, PTSD, &c), and even more troublesome is that some forum topics and their contents are visible to Guests," so it is a major issue for us.

riceme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on December 24th 2012, 5:04 am

Signatures are not allowed for members. There is no glitch as such.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Lair on December 24th 2012, 5:18 am

@riceme wrote:I have been a member of a lot of you all's forums for many years, and this is my second go-round with being an Admin, but this is the first time I've had to troubleshoot forum issues. Have only had to ban jerks, trolls, duplicate users and track-down baddies in the past, for the most part.

I followed above instructions and have full access to everything. Trouble is, in order to troubleshoot an issue, I need to create a new forum/topic, and I don't know how. My friend, our founder and other Admin, is a nurse and on a 16-hour shift right now and I cannot reach her. Can you all please help me out?

Rideem3 wrote:
@riceme wrote:Thank you much Mr. Lair, but I do not have an Ideas forum and I cannot see the images you posted clear enough to determine what they translate to on my forum system. Would you be kind enough to advise me of the subcategories under which they fall? Surely those can't be too different.

Please refrain form posting fake signatures in your messages. This is against the rules. Wink

Is this solved?

@riceme wrote:
Rideem3 wrote:

Is this solved?

That is actually the signature in my profile here but it doesn't seem to post, or intermittently at the very best. But since posting my help.forumotion.com signature seems against the rules, I shall henceforth refrain from the workaround to whatever glitch seems to be that prevents the site from signatures being posted on their own.

@Sanket wrote:Signatures are not allowed for members. There is no glitch as such.

@riceme: Sorry, but what you said seems rather OOT, I don't know what this has to do with the actual topic. And I posted more pictures above about the whole forum's permissions so the community could help me find out what's wrong and why my members can't post absolutely nothing in any way. If you zoom in the pictures, they will be fairly vissible.

@Rideem2: This is not solved yet. My members still can't create, reply or post anything within the forum.

@Sanket: Were you able to find out if something's wrong with the permissions in my topic with the pictures I've provided? If I can get it to work on that Ideas forum, I'm sure I can just copy the settings to all the other sections of my main forum. With the permissions running as they are, my members still can't post anything.

Will Lair

Back to top Go down

Post by riceme on December 24th 2012, 5:36 am

@Will Lair wrote:
@riceme wrote:I have been a member of a lot of you all's forums for many years, and this is my second go-round with being an Admin, but this is the first time I've had to troubleshoot forum issues. Have only had to ban jerks, trolls, duplicate users and track-down baddies in the past, for the most part.

Rideem3 wrote:
@riceme wrote:Thank you much Mr. Lair, but I do not have an Ideas forum and I cannot see the images you posted clear enough to determine what they translate to on my forum system. Would you be kind enough to advise me of the subcategories under which they fall? Surely those can't be too different.

Is this solved?

@riceme wrote:
Rideem3 wrote:

Is this solved?

@Sanket wrote:Signatures are not allowed for members. There is no glitch as such.

@riceme: Sorry, but what you said seems rather OOT, I don't know what this has to do with the actual topic. And I posted more pictures above about the whole forum's permissions so the community could help me find out what's wrong and why my members can't post absolutely nothing in any way. If you zoom in the pictures, they will be fairly vissible.

@Rideem2: This is not solved yet. My members still can't create, reply or post anything within the forum.

@Sanket: Were you able to find out if something's wrong with the permissions in my topic with the pictures I've provided? If I can get it to work on that Ideas forum, I'm sure I can just copy the settings to all the other sections of my main forum. With the permissions running as they are, my members still can't post anything.

@Mr. Lair: Jiminy Christmas! I apologize for addressing my last to you, as I'd not noticed that it was another who had made the post. So sorry, sir!

What it has to do with the topic (so far as I can tell... by all means, please correct me if I am wrong) is that the initial problem about which I posted was that I was not able to post a new thread topic... it just sort of rolled into an even worse problem that, through research here, I'd thought that I could fix, but was unable after the forum founder/Admin resolved for me. I did zoom-in on the pictures you posted in response to me, but I'll scroll up and look at yours.

Thanks again, sir. Appreciate your help very much.

@Sanket: If signatures are not allowed for members, why is there a profile section for signatures??

riceme

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Lair on December 24th 2012, 5:42 am

I WAS the one who originally made the post... but anyway... let's just wait for Sanket's response, since that's the Admin who's been trying to help in this topic

Will Lair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on December 24th 2012, 9:40 am

Will Lair, the permissions seem to be fine with members having the ability to make a new topic.
Can you provide me with a test member account so i could check?

@riceme: That is there by default.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Lair on December 24th 2012, 9:52 am

User:Test Account

Pass: testing

charmerforum.forumotion.com

Will Lair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on December 24th 2012, 9:58 am

@Will Lair wrote:User:Test Account

Pass: testing

charmerforum.forumotion.com
It says "You have specified an incorrect or inactive username, or an invalid password."
Are you sure the details are correct?

Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Lair on December 24th 2012, 10:03 am

I'm sorry, should be working now, give it a try

Will Lair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on December 24th 2012, 10:08 am

Can you remove the chatbox code that you have added? Also have you added any other codes elsewhere?

Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Lair on December 24th 2012, 10:10 am

I added decoration codes, but I deleted all of them

Just got rid of the chatbox code too

Last edited by Will Lair on December 24th 2012, 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Will Lair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on December 24th 2012, 10:12 am

Try removing each one of them, one by one. Some buggy code i believe is causing the problem.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Lair on December 24th 2012, 10:13 am

Okay, done

Will Lair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on December 24th 2012, 10:18 am

Although, i am sure it may not be the problem. Can you check?
Display>Pics management
Advanced mode
Buttons tab
Check if the images are there.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Lair on December 24th 2012, 10:22 am

Yup, they're all there

Will Lair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on December 24th 2012, 10:24 am

Can you give that account admin permissions for a few minutes?

Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Lair on December 24th 2012, 10:30 am

Okay, done

Will Lair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on December 24th 2012, 10:43 am

I cannot find a valid reason, why its acting weird. I had removed myself from the admin group, can you add me back once more?

Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Lair on December 24th 2012, 10:48 am

I know... it's so weird, you're back on

Will Lair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on December 24th 2012, 10:53 am

Okay, its not working. I will report the problem to Leeloo.

I had turned off your forum widgets, please turn it back on.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Lair on December 24th 2012, 11:02 am

Okay, thank you very much

Will Lair

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum