The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

domain name problem

3 posters

Go down

In progress domain name problem

Post by Keepher December 23rd 2012, 6:20 pm

I've purchased a domain from go daddy. It's www.roguegfx.com
The forum i want to put it onto is at www.roguegfx.forumotion.com
I've edited the cname correctly, I believe anyway, and when i try to change the domain in my admin panel, i get this error.

domain name problem A

Here is a screenshot of my dns, if it's any help

domain name problem Aa

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Keepher

Male Posts : 17
Language : english

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: domain name problem

Post by Sanket December 23rd 2012, 6:49 pm

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Keepher December 24th 2012, 5:13 pm

your tutorial doesnt help with go daddy. I think I may have figured out a solution, but wont know for a few hours until this kicks in. Here's what i've done... maybe this will work lol

Forwarding or Masking Your Domain Name
Date Submitted: 12-19-2012
Domain name forwarding lets you automatically direct your domain name's visitors to a different website.

Masking prevents visitors from seeing your domain name forwarding by keeping your domain name in the Web browser's address bar.

To forward or mask your domain name, you must use our nameservers. For more information, see Setting Nameservers for Your Domain Names.

For your domain name to forward, its A record must be pointed to 64.202.189.170 or must fall between the following ranges: 50.63.202.1 - 50.63.202.31 or 184.168.221.1 - 184.168.221.31. For more information, see Updating Your Domain Name's IP Address for Forwarding.

To Forward or Mask Your Domain Name
Next to Domains, click Launch.
Select the domain name you want to forward.
NOTE: You cannot forward or mask .tk domain names.

Click Forward, and then select Forward Domain.
Select http:// or https:// depending on your server settings. For more information, see HTTP vs. HTTPS.
In the Forward to field, enter the URL you want to forward your domain name to.
To automatically update your nameservers to accommodate your forwarding changes, select Update my DNS setting to support this change.
NOTE: Activating this setting updates your domain name's nameservers and IP address. If you are currently hosting a website for a domain name and you forward it, visitors can no longer access your website. Instead, forwarding redirects your website's visitors to the URL you enter.

To view additional options, including masking, click Advanced Options.
Select one of the following:
Forward Only — Specifies the length of time for this forwarding setting. Select one of the following Redirect types:
I am permanently forwarding my domain — Redirects to the site you specified in the Forward To field using a "301 Moved Permanently" HTTP response. The HTTP 301 response code tells user-agents (including search engines) that the location has permanently moved.
I am only temporarily forwarding my domain — Redirects to the site you specified in the Forward To field using a "302 Found" HTTP response. The HTTP 302 response code tells user-agents (including search engines) that the location has temporarily moved.
Forward with Masking — Prevents the forwarded domain name URL from displaying in the browser's address bar, and lets you enter Meta Tags for search engine crawlers in the following fields:
Title — Displays at the top of the browser window and in search results.
Description — A short description of your website to display in search engine results.
Keyword — A list of comma-separated keywords that describes the content and purpose of your website.
Click OK.
NOTE: Forwarded domain names can take up to 24-48 hours to activate.
Keepher

Male Posts : 17
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 24th 2012, 5:43 pm

Generally, this setting up is a tricky process & there is no clear solution for it documented other than the one I provided. Thank you for providing with the solution you feel might work, let us know if it works.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by SyndromeLA December 25th 2012, 3:28 am

By looking at this:
domain name problem Aa

I can see you have your CNAME correctly configured.

Perhaps when you try to enter your personalized domain name on Forumotion try without the www?

It looks right on GoDaddys end. Must be something on Forumotions end.
SyndromeLA
SyndromeLA

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum