The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

How to make a member an admin with limited rights?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved How to make a member an admin with limited rights?

Post by The Shigofumi on December 24th 2012, 1:26 am

Hello, I need help on how to make a member of my forum an Administrator with limited rights, for example: I don't want him to be able to see other members IPs, only I want to be able to do that.

I'm not sure if I've posted this in the right place, being my first post it most likely is in a wrong place, if yes I apologize.

I hope someone can help me.
avatar
The Shigofumi
Forumember

Posts : 35
Reputation : 1
Language : English, Spanish, French, (Basic) Japanese.

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to make a member an admin with limited rights?

Post by SLGray on December 24th 2012, 1:45 am

When you add someone to the administrator group, he/she will have all the same options as other administrators.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

avatar
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 39588
Reputation : 2656
Language : English
Location : United States

https://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Is there another way?

Post by The Shigofumi on December 24th 2012, 2:01 am

slg wrote:When you add someone to the administrator group, he/she will have all the same options as other administrators.

Is there another way? To have less rights than me but still be able to edit things from the website or not?
avatar
The Shigofumi
Forumember

Posts : 35
Reputation : 1
Language : English, Spanish, French, (Basic) Japanese.

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to make a member an admin with limited rights?

Post by Tobii on December 24th 2012, 2:44 am

@The Shigofumi wrote:
slg wrote:When you add someone to the administrator group, he/she will have all the same options as other administrators.

Is there another way? To have less rights than me but still be able to edit things from the website or not?

You could make a new group, make it hidden and give its permissions separately. That's the only other way I know of.
avatar
Tobii
Forumember

Male Posts : 332
Reputation : 3
Language : English, Mandarin, French

http://naruto-thepath.boardonly.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to make a member an admin with limited rights?

Post by Kaizer Lee on December 24th 2012, 2:50 am

Let's do it step by step by retaining the actual and false administrators group, shall we Smile?

First step;

ACP < Users and Groups < Administrators (The one with a crown) < Click on the tool stuff < Make it hidden < Save

Second step: (The one with limited administrator powers)

ACP < Users and Groups < Create a new Group < Title it administrators < Make you the leader of the group < Set the colors < Set the permissions < Add in the administrators you want < Save

Make sure the administrators are still on top so people won't be speculative Smile
avatar
Kaizer Lee
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1064
Reputation : 54
Language : English, Tagalog, Spanish and Chinese
Location : Philippines

http://www.medievalchaos.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to make a member an admin with limited rights?

Post by The Shigofumi on December 24th 2012, 3:11 am

@Tobii wrote:
@The Shigofumi wrote:
slg wrote:When you add someone to the administrator group, he/she will have all the same options as other administrators.

Is there another way? To have less rights than me but still be able to edit things from the website or not?

You could make a new group, make it hidden and give its permissions separately. That's the only other way I know of.

Thanks for your reply and for your help!

@Kaizer Lee wrote:Let's do it step by step by retaining the actual and false administrators group, shall we Smile?

First step;

ACP < Users and Groups < Administrators (The one with a crown) < Click on the tool stuff < Make it hidden < Save

Second step: (The one with limited administrator powers)

ACP < Users and Groups < Create a new Group < Title it administrators < Make you the leader of the group < Set the colors < Set the permissions < Add in the administrators you want < Save

Make sure the administrators are still on top so people won't be speculative Smile

This seems like it's going to work, thanks for your time! I'm going to try it out and see if it works Thanks! Very Happy Thank You Very Much!
avatar
The Shigofumi
Forumember

Posts : 35
Reputation : 1
Language : English, Spanish, French, (Basic) Japanese.

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to make a member an admin with limited rights?

Post by Sanket on December 24th 2012, 4:59 am

Solved?
avatar
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2823
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Solved How to set permissions?

Post by The Shigofumi on December 24th 2012, 7:18 pm

@Kaizer Lee wrote:Let's do it step by step by retaining the actual and false administrators group, shall we Smile?

First step;

ACP < Users and Groups < Administrators (The one with a crown) < Click on the tool stuff < Make it hidden < Save

Second step: (The one with limited administrator powers)

ACP < Users and Groups < Create a new Group < Title it administrators < Make you the leader of the group < Set the colors < Set the permissions < Add in the administrators you want < Save

Make sure the administrators are still on top so people won't be speculative Smile

How do I set it for them to not be able to view users' IPs? If there's a way?
avatar
The Shigofumi
Forumember

Posts : 35
Reputation : 1
Language : English, Spanish, French, (Basic) Japanese.

Back to top Go down

Solved Not yet :S

Post by The Shigofumi on December 24th 2012, 7:20 pm

@Sanket wrote:Solved?
I think it's about to be solved, thanks Very Happy
avatar
The Shigofumi
Forumember

Posts : 35
Reputation : 1
Language : English, Spanish, French, (Basic) Japanese.

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to make a member an admin with limited rights?

Post by SLGray on December 25th 2012, 12:38 am

The Shigofumi:
Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

avatar
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 39588
Reputation : 2656
Language : English
Location : United States

https://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to make a member an admin with limited rights?

Post by Kaizer Lee on December 25th 2012, 6:47 am

Don't the admins only be able to view the IP's? If there is a way for moderators and up to see it, I totally forgot how to disable them @_@

Anyway, here's what I thought up so the admin can see it for himself.

ACP < Display < Pictures Management < Delete the one with the word IP in buttons < Save

Since you got access in the panel, you can just check it in the Ban Control.
avatar
Kaizer Lee
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1064
Reputation : 54
Language : English, Tagalog, Spanish and Chinese
Location : Philippines

http://www.medievalchaos.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to make a member an admin with limited rights?

Post by KingOfSpades on December 25th 2012, 2:56 pm

To Disable Mods from seeing IPs:
ACP > Users and Groups > Special Rights > User IP Display > Drop down Menu > Administrators
avatar
KingOfSpades
Forumember

Male Posts : 215
Reputation : 8
Language : EN

http://roleplaymachugas.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to make a member an admin with limited rights?

Post by Kaizer Lee on December 25th 2012, 6:12 pm

@KingOfSpades wrote:To Disable Mods from seeing IPs:
ACP > Users and Groups > Special Rights > User IP Display > Drop down Menu > Administrators

Lol, thanks for reminding all of us about it Smile.

Hope Spade's answer help solve the other problem Smile. Happy holidays Smile.
avatar
Kaizer Lee
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1064
Reputation : 54
Language : English, Tagalog, Spanish and Chinese
Location : Philippines

http://www.medievalchaos.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to make a member an admin with limited rights?

Post by KingOfSpades on December 25th 2012, 9:39 pm

@Kaizer Lee wrote:
@KingOfSpades wrote:To Disable Mods from seeing IPs:
ACP > Users and Groups > Special Rights > User IP Display > Drop down Menu > Administrators

Lol, thanks for reminding all of us about it Smile.

Hope Spade's answer help solve the other problem Smile. Happy holidays Smile.
You welcome Smile I like to return the favor to people who help me.
avatar
KingOfSpades
Forumember

Male Posts : 215
Reputation : 8
Language : EN

http://roleplaymachugas.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum