The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Rainbow Username?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Rainbow Username?

Post by DonutsRAwesome on January 1st 2013, 3:47 pm

Click HERE and look at the username of MJDangerous. They have a rainbow username. I know that is not a Forumotion site, but is there any way to do something like that on a Forumotion site?

Thank-you!
~Donuts


Last edited by DonutsRAwesome on January 4th 2013, 9:54 pm; edited 4 times in total
avatar
DonutsRAwesome
New Member

Male Posts : 17
Reputation : 1
Language : English
Location : USA

http://thewebkinzworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Rainbow Username?

Post by APE on January 1st 2013, 4:05 pm

Good arthernoon

please give this a try
http://www.avacweb.com/t403-multi-colored-usernames?highlight=usernames

If this don't work for your forum you can ask there for more help..

From your friendly Helper Ape

Have A Happy New Year



avatar
APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10436
Reputation : 961
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Rainbow Username?

Post by DonutsRAwesome on January 1st 2013, 4:42 pm

All I see when I click that link is a blank white page. Dx
avatar
DonutsRAwesome
New Member

Male Posts : 17
Reputation : 1
Language : English
Location : USA

http://thewebkinzworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Rainbow Username?

Post by Akkii on January 1st 2013, 6:55 pm

You can go to your CSS and put this code:

Code:
a[href="/u14"] span{color:#F00;animation:svcolor 1s infinite;-moz-animation:svcolor 1s infinite;-webkit-animation:svcolor 1s infinite;}
$keyframes svcolor{10%{color:#F00}20%{color:#F80}30%{color:#FF0}40%{color:#5F0}50%{color:#0F0}60%{color:#0FD}70%{color:#09F}80%{color:#00F}90%{color:#A0F}100%{color:#F0F}}
$-moz-keyframes svcolor{10%{color:#F00}20%{color:#F80}30%{color:#FF0}40%{color:#5F0}50%{color:#0F0}60%{color:#0FD}70%{color:#09F}80%{color:#00F}90%{color:#A0F}100%{color:#F0F}}
$-webkit-keyframes svcolor{10%{color:#F00}20%{color:#F80}30%{color:#FF0}40%{color:#5F0}50%{color:#0F0}60%{color:#0FD}70%{color:#09F}80%{color:#00F}90%{color:#A0F}100%{color:#F0F}}

Go to user profile , get his ID and change href="/u14" to whatever number is that user.

And swap the dollar symbols for an @ symbol.

Code is provided by LGForum.
avatar
Akkii
Forumember

Male Posts : 710
Reputation : 107
Language : English,HTML, CSS,Photoshop,Javascript!
Location : Here on Forumotion!

http://www.csshelp.net

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Rainbow Username?

Post by DonutsRAwesome on January 2nd 2013, 2:34 am

@Akkii wrote:You can go to your CSS and put this code:

Code:
a[href="/u14"] span{color:#F00;animation:svcolor 1s infinite;-moz-animation:svcolor 1s infinite;-webkit-animation:svcolor 1s infinite;}
$keyframes svcolor{10%{color:#F00}20%{color:#F80}30%{color:#FF0}40%{color:#5F0}50%{color:#0F0}60%{color:#0FD}70%{color:#09F}80%{color:#00F}90%{color:#A0F}100%{color:#F0F}}
$-moz-keyframes svcolor{10%{color:#F00}20%{color:#F80}30%{color:#FF0}40%{color:#5F0}50%{color:#0F0}60%{color:#0FD}70%{color:#09F}80%{color:#00F}90%{color:#A0F}100%{color:#F0F}}
$-webkit-keyframes svcolor{10%{color:#F00}20%{color:#F80}30%{color:#FF0}40%{color:#5F0}50%{color:#0F0}60%{color:#0FD}70%{color:#09F}80%{color:#00F}90%{color:#A0F}100%{color:#F0F}}

Go to user profile , get his ID and change href="/u14" to whatever number is that user.

And swap the dollar symbols for an @ symbol.

Code is provided by LGForum.

I just tried that, but it's not working. Does it possibly interfere with username sparkles (glitter) or username glows? Or is it not visible on IE?
avatar
DonutsRAwesome
New Member

Male Posts : 17
Reputation : 1
Language : English
Location : USA

http://thewebkinzworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Rainbow Username?

Post by DonutsRAwesome on January 2nd 2013, 2:46 am

Oh, I see what it is. I looked at it on Firefox and it's completely different than what I'd expected. It makes the username flash different colors, where as I was looking for something to make each letter a different color.
avatar
DonutsRAwesome
New Member

Male Posts : 17
Reputation : 1
Language : English
Location : USA

http://thewebkinzworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Rainbow Username?

Post by DonutsRAwesome on January 2nd 2013, 3:49 pm


I followed the tutorial, but it's still not working. Mad
avatar
DonutsRAwesome
New Member

Male Posts : 17
Reputation : 1
Language : English
Location : USA

http://thewebkinzworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Rainbow Username?

Post by KingOfSpades on January 2nd 2013, 4:01 pm

ACP > Modules > java scripts managements > Create new > add title > add this :
Code:
$.getScript("http://xoxco.com/projects/code/rainbow/rainbow.js",function(){
$('a[href="/u1"] strong').rainbow({
colors: [
'#FF0000',
'#f26522',
'#fff200',
'#00a651',
'#28abe2',
'#2e3192',
'#6868ff'
],
animate: true,
animateInterval: 100,
pad: false,
pauseLength: 100,
});
});

Replace the /u1 with the number of the user. so it should be /u then their number. Then click in all pages and save.
avatar
KingOfSpades
Forumember

Male Posts : 215
Reputation : 8
Language : EN

http://roleplaymachugas.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Rainbow Username?

Post by DonutsRAwesome on January 2nd 2013, 4:59 pm

@KingOfSpades wrote:ACP > Modules > java scripts managements > Create new > add title > add this :
Code:
$.getScript("http://xoxco.com/projects/code/rainbow/rainbow.js",function(){
$('a[href="/u1"] strong').rainbow({
colors: [
'#FF0000',
'#f26522',
'#fff200',
'#00a651',
'#28abe2',
'#2e3192',
'#6868ff'
],
animate: true,
animateInterval: 100,
pad: false,
pauseLength: 100,
});
});

Replace the /u1 with the number of the user. so it should be /u then their number. Then click in all pages and save.

Just tried that; it's not working.
avatar
DonutsRAwesome
New Member

Male Posts : 17
Reputation : 1
Language : English
Location : USA

http://thewebkinzworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Rainbow Username?

Post by KingOfSpades on January 2nd 2013, 5:32 pm

@DonutsRAwesome wrote:
@KingOfSpades wrote:ACP > Modules > java scripts managements > Create new > add title > add this :
Code:
$.getScript("http://xoxco.com/projects/code/rainbow/rainbow.js",function(){
$('a[href="/u1"] strong').rainbow({
colors: [
'#FF0000',
'#f26522',
'#fff200',
'#00a651',
'#28abe2',
'#2e3192',
'#6868ff'
],
animate: true,
animateInterval: 100,
pad: false,
pauseLength: 100,
});
});

Replace the /u1 with the number of the user. so it should be /u then their number. Then click in all pages and save.

Just tried that; it's not working.

Ok. Do you want your name to be rainbow?
avatar
KingOfSpades
Forumember

Male Posts : 215
Reputation : 8
Language : EN

http://roleplaymachugas.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Rainbow Username?

Post by xSIMONx on January 2nd 2013, 7:25 pm

I did this it worked for me, what if I wanted someone else to have it too? Or how do I make it so that a group has it?

xSIMONx
New Member

Posts : 11
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Rainbow Username?

Post by DonutsRAwesome on January 3rd 2013, 2:03 pm

Rideem3 wrote:
@DonutsRAwesome wrote:

I followed the tutorial, but it's still not working. Mad

Did you do every single step?

What was the final code you used?

Yes, I did. I used the CSS code you listed and then the final Javascript code you listed.
avatar
DonutsRAwesome
New Member

Male Posts : 17
Reputation : 1
Language : English
Location : USA

http://thewebkinzworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Rainbow Username?

Post by DonutsRAwesome on January 3rd 2013, 5:38 pm

Rideem3 wrote:Make sure that in the CSS StyleSheet, 'Optimize the CSS' is marked as No.

And are you trying to make the founder's account rainbow?

I did. And yes, I am; is that not possible?
avatar
DonutsRAwesome
New Member

Male Posts : 17
Reputation : 1
Language : English
Location : USA

http://thewebkinzworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Rainbow Username?

Post by AuQaClan on January 4th 2013, 7:45 pm

Do not say this one dont work because it does , im using it Here , on my forum.

here's the code

Code:
$.getScript("http://xoxco.com/projects/code/rainbow/rainbow.js",function(){
$('a[href="/u1"] strong').rainbow({
colors: [
'#FF0000',
'#f26522',
'#fff200',
'#00a651',
'#28abe2',
'#2e3192',
'#6868ff'
],
animate: true,
animateInterval: 100,
pad: false,
pauseLength: 10,
});
});

AP > Modules >Javascript codes management > Paste code > Save done.
avatar
AuQaClan
Forumember

Male Posts : 283
Reputation : 5
Language : english

http://www.gameandchat.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Rainbow Username?

Post by DonutsRAwesome on January 4th 2013, 9:53 pm

@AuQaClan wrote:Do not say this one dont work because it does , im using it Here , on my forum.

here's the code

Code:
$.getScript("http://xoxco.com/projects/code/rainbow/rainbow.js",function(){
$('a[href="/u1"] strong').rainbow({
colors: [
'#FF0000',
'#f26522',
'#fff200',
'#00a651',
'#28abe2',
'#2e3192',
'#6868ff'
],
animate: true,
animateInterval: 100,
pad: false,
pauseLength: 10,
});
});

AP > Modules >Javascript codes management > Paste code > Save done.

I just tried that. It didn't work at first, but I did some troubleshooting and it finally worked! Thanks so much! :wouhou:
avatar
DonutsRAwesome
New Member

Male Posts : 17
Reputation : 1
Language : English
Location : USA

http://thewebkinzworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum