The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Announcement Post?

3 posters

Go down

Official Announcement Post? Empty Official Announcement Post?

Post by Mr_Nut January 11th 2013, 12:59 am

Hi,

I was wondering, how it would be done if I wanted to make an announcements post on the main post? I currently have no website, as I'm planning it all out so I can make it the best that I can. I like the way that on the announcement posts and I'd like to know how that would be done?

Edit: I've figured out the whole table stuff, I just need to know how to add the little tag thing in the corner?

Regards
Mr_Nut

Last edited by Mr_Nut on January 11th 2013, 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Editing info.)
Mr_Nut
Forumember

Male Posts : 36
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Official Announcement Post? Empty Re: Official Announcement Post?

Post by Sofiey January 11th 2013, 1:45 am

Can you please provide a link to what you are looking at and trying to figure out what to do?
Sofiey
Forumember

Language : english

http://www.thenerdsherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Official Announcement Post? Empty Re: Official Announcement Post?

Post by Darth Apple January 11th 2013, 3:00 am

I'm not completely sure what you mean by announcement, but there are several options. Any thread can be made a global announcement, making the thread show in all boards. At my websites we use this as a means of getting the word out about important stuff, and it works pretty well.

I've also used announcements on the portal/homepage. If you don't mind a little HTML, you can make a widget with your announcement and post it there. We've even used Twitter and set up twitter widgets on the portal to do the job.

Can you please explain more about what you mean by announcement?

[EDIT: If I'm not mistaken, forumotion actually has an announcement feature as well, although I've never used it myself. There are plenty of options, however, and it is not difficult to get the word out about important website-related things. ]
Darth Apple
Darth Apple
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down