The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

CSS Limit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CSS Limit

Post by Ysharma on January 14th 2013, 1:02 am

I cant add any customized css, the limit is already exceeded by the default skin. How do I get past this issue?

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: CSS Limit

Post by Sir Chivas™ on January 14th 2013, 9:26 pm

If you surpassed the limit its not possible to change it or pass the issue itself. You'll have to delete CSS that isn't needed.

- Please provide your forum URL at all times.
- When the issue is solved, please mark it as solved.

Sir Chivas™
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6756
Language : English, Spanish, and French

Back to top Go down

Re: CSS Limit

Post by runawayhorses on January 14th 2013, 10:07 pm

Well one thing you can do is try and compact all the CSS that's in there now, in other words try to eliminate as many lines as you can. If you see a } taking up an entire line you can put it at the end of the line above it which would give you another line. Same thing with the first bracket { you can add the line under it next to that bracket. The goal is trying to decrease how many lines you have. There is a word for that but I can't remember what it is.

You could also add more CSS to your forum by using an external stylesheet and use javascript to make different things work depending on what you're trying to do. The external stylesheet would be on another sever that allows hot-linking of CSS files.

Male Posts : 2537
Language : English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum