The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Unauthorized Viewing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress Unauthorized Viewing?

Post by Lone Wahya on January 22nd 2013, 8:22 pm

Our forums recently switched from an open forum to a members only forum. However when looking at google analytics stats we are finding users viewing pages from locations where no members reside (we only have about 40 users so it is easy to track). They are somehow viewing pages they are not authorized to? The only explanation I can come up with is a compromised username/password? Is there another way a guest can view forums despite marking them "members only"? We really aren't too keen on non-members or former members viewing our forums when they are supposed to be locked out. Thanks in advance for any help or insight anyone can provide.

Lone Wahya

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Unauthorized Viewing?

Post by SLGray on January 22nd 2013, 9:08 pm

It will say they are viewing those pages, but if you have it set up where guests can not see the pages, they will see the message informing them that they are not logged in. Also the log in boxes will be on the page.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36697

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wahya on January 22nd 2013, 9:25 pm

Ok fair enough but I have a "reoccurring" guest that keeps visiting pages. One would think if they couldn't see anything but "please log in" they would give up but yet they visit from the same locale every few days and have for months. It's just bizzare. But if there is no other way then possibly a compromised user then so be it.

Lone Wahya

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wahya on January 22nd 2013, 9:27 pm

ohh and thank you for your assistance btw, where are my manners...sorry.

(Edit: Aplogies for the quick repost, never thought of editing OP)
Our forums are located at www.no-bs-gaming.com if you care to tell me what you can access. Others say they cannot see anything when they logout so I assume it is the same for first time visitors? Thank you again.

Last edited by Lone Wahya on January 23rd 2013, 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Lone Wahya

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on January 22nd 2013, 9:30 pm

Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!

First Reminder
If you want, we can test it. Post a link to a area that guests can not see, and I will tell you want I see.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36697

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum