The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

How to put a small icon in front of the username?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to put a small icon in front of the username?

Post by The Shigofumi on January 24th 2013, 11:35 pm

How can I add a small icon to the front of my Username, me being the administrator? Thanks in advance.

The Shigofumi
Forumember

Posts : 35
Reputation : 1
Language : English, Spanish, French, (Basic) Japanese.

Back to top Go down

Re: How to put a small icon in front of the username?

Post by Sir Chivas™ on January 24th 2013, 11:38 pm




Attention!
- Please provide your forum URL at all times.
- When the issue is solved, please mark it as solved.



Sir Chivas™
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6756
Reputation : 428
Language : English, Spanish, and French
Location : || CSS || HTML || Graphics Designs || Support ||

Back to top Go down

Re: How to put a small icon in front of the username?

Post by Akkii on January 24th 2013, 11:38 pm

Add this code to your CSS.

Code:
p a[href="/u40"], .forabg a[href="/u40"],  .forumbg a[href="/u40"], .postprofile strong a[href="/u40"], .page-bottom a[href="/u40"], #chatbox_members a[href="/u40"], .module a[href="/u40"] {
        background: url("Url of icon") no-repeat;
        padding-left: 16px;
        padding-top: 2px;
    }

Instead of the "/u40" , add number that you have as your number of profile. Just click on yourself on online list , and check link above where you type adress , at end you will have u with some number.
And at url of icon , add you icon , that is 16x16.

Thats all.


Akkii
Forumember

Male Posts : 710
Reputation : 107
Language : English,HTML, CSS,Photoshop,Javascript!
Location : Here on Forumotion!

http://www.csshelp.net

Back to top Go down

Re: How to put a small icon in front of the username?

Post by The Shigofumi on January 25th 2013, 12:19 am


@Akkii wrote:Add this code to your CSS.

Code:
p a[href="/u40"], .forabg a[href="/u40"],  .forumbg a[href="/u40"], .postprofile strong a[href="/u40"], .page-bottom a[href="/u40"], #chatbox_members a[href="/u40"], .module a[href="/u40"] {
        background: url("Url of icon") no-repeat;
        padding-left: 16px;
        padding-top: 2px;
    }

Instead of the "/u40" , add number that you have as your number of profile. Just click on yourself on online list , and check link above where you type adress , at end you will have u with some number.
And at url of icon , add you icon , that is 16x16.

Thats all.



Nothing Worked :C

The Shigofumi
Forumember

Posts : 35
Reputation : 1
Language : English, Spanish, French, (Basic) Japanese.

Back to top Go down

Re: How to put a small icon in front of the username?

Post by Sir Chivas™ on January 25th 2013, 12:38 am

Should work. If you're the founder. You're /u1

Code:
    p a[href="/u#"], .forabg a[href="/u1"],  .forumbg a[href="/u#"], .postprofile strong a[href="/u#"], .page-bottom a[href="/u#"], #chatbox_members a[href="/u#"], .module a[href="/u#"] {
        background: url("imagedirectlink") no-repeat;
        padding-left: 16px;
        padding-top: 2px;
    }



Attention!
- Please provide your forum URL at all times.
- When the issue is solved, please mark it as solved.



Sir Chivas™
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6756
Reputation : 428
Language : English, Spanish, and French
Location : || CSS || HTML || Graphics Designs || Support ||

Back to top Go down

Re: How to put a small icon in front of the username?

Post by The Shigofumi on January 25th 2013, 12:39 am

CJ11™ wrote:Should work. If you're the founder. You're /u1

Code:
    p a[href="/u#"], .forabg a[href="/u1"],  .forumbg a[href="/u#"], .postprofile strong a[href="/u#"], .page-bottom a[href="/u#"], #chatbox_members a[href="/u#"], .module a[href="/u#"] {
        background: url("imagedirectlink") no-repeat;
        padding-left: 16px;
        padding-top: 2px;
    }

I'm going to retry, I'll be back.

The Shigofumi
Forumember

Posts : 35
Reputation : 1
Language : English, Spanish, French, (Basic) Japanese.

Back to top Go down

Re: How to put a small icon in front of the username?

Post by Sir Chivas™ on January 25th 2013, 12:45 am

Okay,

Don't forget to add the image's URL.. where it says background: url("imagedirectlink")



Attention!
- Please provide your forum URL at all times.
- When the issue is solved, please mark it as solved.



Sir Chivas™
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6756
Reputation : 428
Language : English, Spanish, and French
Location : || CSS || HTML || Graphics Designs || Support ||

Back to top Go down

Re: How to put a small icon in front of the username?

Post by The Shigofumi on January 25th 2013, 12:45 am

@The Shigofumi wrote:
CJ11™ wrote:Should work. If you're the founder. You're /u1

Code:
    p a[href="/u#"], .forabg a[href="/u1"],  .forumbg a[href="/u#"], .postprofile strong a[href="/u#"], .page-bottom a[href="/u#"], #chatbox_members a[href="/u#"], .module a[href="/u#"] {
        background: url("imagedirectlink") no-repeat;
        padding-left: 16px;
        padding-top: 2px;
    }

I'm going to retry, I'll be back.

Nope, It didn't work. I'm pretty sure I've done everything right.

The Shigofumi
Forumember

Posts : 35
Reputation : 1
Language : English, Spanish, French, (Basic) Japanese.

Back to top Go down

Re: How to put a small icon in front of the username?

Post by Sir Chivas™ on January 25th 2013, 12:46 am

Can you show a screenshot of how you have it setup?



Attention!
- Please provide your forum URL at all times.
- When the issue is solved, please mark it as solved.



Sir Chivas™
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6756
Reputation : 428
Language : English, Spanish, and French
Location : || CSS || HTML || Graphics Designs || Support ||

Back to top Go down

Re: How to put a small icon in front of the username?

Post by The Shigofumi on January 25th 2013, 12:46 am

I did, Look:

p a[href="/u1"], .forabg a[href="/u1"], .forumbg a[href="/u1"], .postprofile strong a[href="/u1"], .page-bottom a[href="/u1"], #chatbox_members a[href="/u1"], .module a[href="/u1"] {
background: url("http://i17.servimg.com/u/f17/17/89/07/51/user_s10.png") no-repeat;
padding-left: 16px;
padding-top: 2px;
}

The Shigofumi
Forumember

Posts : 35
Reputation : 1
Language : English, Spanish, French, (Basic) Japanese.

Back to top Go down

Re: How to put a small icon in front of the username?

Post by Sir Chivas™ on January 25th 2013, 12:48 am

Where are you adding the code? ACP >> Display >> Colors >> CSS ?



Attention!
- Please provide your forum URL at all times.
- When the issue is solved, please mark it as solved.



Sir Chivas™
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6756
Reputation : 428
Language : English, Spanish, and French
Location : || CSS || HTML || Graphics Designs || Support ||

Back to top Go down

Re: How to put a small icon in front of the username?

Post by The Shigofumi on January 25th 2013, 12:52 am

CJ11™ wrote:Where are you adding the code? ACP >> Display >> Colors >> CSS ?

Yes.

The Shigofumi
Forumember

Posts : 35
Reputation : 1
Language : English, Spanish, French, (Basic) Japanese.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum