The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

The portal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved The portal

Post by TWIZTEDxDevil on January 28th 2013, 10:53 pm

I have my forum to re direct to the portal but when I do both the "Home" and the "Portal" go to Portal when the "Home" button even says /forum I tried to make the Portal "Home" and rename the forum part to "Forum" but that didn't work because it wont let me change it or delete that header thing... Does anyone know the problem?
avatar
TWIZTEDxDevil
Forumember

Posts : 51
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://psvmods.net

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: The portal

Post by ANGrey on January 28th 2013, 11:09 pm

I don't think I understand exactly what you're talking about here... can you explain with screenshots or provide a link to your forum?
avatar
ANGrey
Forumember

Female Posts : 400
Reputation : 39
Language : English
Location : OK

http://ninjascrolls.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: The portal

Post by TWIZTEDxDevil on January 28th 2013, 11:17 pm

Calιbuяn wrote:I don't think I understand exactly what you're talking about here... can you explain with screenshots or provide a link to your forum?

Here is a link: http://www.psvmods.net/ I set it to redirect to the portal when you load the page and have "Home" as the forum (wanted to rename it Forum but it wont let me edit it or delete it how they have it). When you go there both the "Portal" and the "Home" buttons in the navigation bar redirect to just the portal when "Home" is set to /forum, here is a screenie I don't have a screen cap software so i'll just Prt Scrn:



And when I try to edit the "Home" button it wont let me:

avatar
TWIZTEDxDevil
Forumember

Posts : 51
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://psvmods.net

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: The portal

Post by ANGrey on January 28th 2013, 11:20 pm

It works fine for me... clicking "Portal" brings me to the portal, and clicking "Home" brings me to your forum...

Are you saying the actual text that says the word "Home" you want to change to "Forum", and the text that says the word "Portal" you want to change to "Home"?
avatar
ANGrey
Forumember

Female Posts : 400
Reputation : 39
Language : English
Location : OK

http://ninjascrolls.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: The portal

Post by TWIZTEDxDevil on January 28th 2013, 11:23 pm

Calιbuяn wrote:It works fine for me... clicking "Portal" brings me to the portal, and clicking "Home" brings me to your forum...

Are you saying the actual text that says the word "Home" you want to change to "Forum", and the text that says the word "Portal" you want to change to "Home"?

Yes that would be nice, and maybe the links not working is a problem with my cache or something i'll clear it now and see if it helps. If you know a way to change the names it would really help me out. Smile
avatar
TWIZTEDxDevil
Forumember

Posts : 51
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://psvmods.net

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: The portal

Post by kirk on January 29th 2013, 3:33 am

@TWIZTEDxDevil wrote:
Calιbuяn wrote:It works fine for me... clicking "Portal" brings me to the portal, and clicking "Home" brings me to your forum...

Are you saying the actual text that says the word "Home" you want to change to "Forum", and the text that says the word "Portal" you want to change to "Home"?

Yes that would be nice, and maybe the links not working is a problem with my cache or something i'll clear it now and see if it helps. If you know a way to change the names it would really help me out. Smile

Do you have your home page set to portal in Home Page Generalities?

Admin panel>display>home page>home page generalities


Be sure your homepage is set to portal in there. Smile
avatar
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Reputation : 652
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: The portal

Post by TWIZTEDxDevil on January 29th 2013, 4:56 pm

@kirk wrote:
@TWIZTEDxDevil wrote:
Calιbuяn wrote:It works fine for me... clicking "Portal" brings me to the portal, and clicking "Home" brings me to your forum...

Are you saying the actual text that says the word "Home" you want to change to "Forum", and the text that says the word "Portal" you want to change to "Home"?

Yes that would be nice, and maybe the links not working is a problem with my cache or something i'll clear it now and see if it helps. If you know a way to change the names it would really help me out. Smile

Do you have your home page set to portal in Home Page Generalities?

Admin panel>display>home page>home page generalities


Be sure your homepage is set to portal in there. Smile

It is but it doesn't give me the option to change the name in the "Home" link. Sad
avatar
TWIZTEDxDevil
Forumember

Posts : 51
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://psvmods.net

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: The portal

Post by Sir Chivas™ on January 29th 2013, 5:04 pm




Attention!
- Please provide your forum URL at all times.
- When the issue is solved, please mark it as solved.


avatar
Sir Chivas™
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6806
Reputation : 433
Language : EN, FR, ES
Location : || CSS || HTML || Graphics Designs || Support ||

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: The portal

Post by TWIZTEDxDevil on January 30th 2013, 3:52 am


Thanks it worked. Smile

This is solved.
avatar
TWIZTEDxDevil
Forumember

Posts : 51
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://psvmods.net

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: The portal

Post by Sir Chivas™ on January 30th 2013, 3:54 am

No problem, mate. Wink



Attention!
- Please provide your forum URL at all times.
- When the issue is solved, please mark it as solved.


avatar
Sir Chivas™
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6806
Reputation : 433
Language : EN, FR, ES
Location : || CSS || HTML || Graphics Designs || Support ||

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: The portal

Post by SLGray on January 30th 2013, 3:54 am

Topic Solved & Locked


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

avatar
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 41179
Reputation : 2816
Language : English
Location : United States

https://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum