The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

IP's following me

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IP's following me

Post by OmegaJay on January 29th 2013, 11:34 am

Hi Smile
I am having a bit of an annoying problem. When i log into ANY of my sites and go to the admin panel. It is showing MY IP address plus another IP address that logged in at the exact same time as me (no matter when and where i log in) Its usually in either Germany, Netherlands or Ashburn, Virginia. It makes no sense because that IP then STAYS at the exact time i logged in and doesn't do anything and my username IP changes with whatever i do on my forum. Its a guest IP and happens every single time.

Now i am at the moment using a public WIFI signal from my home which i pay for until my broadband arrives. Could this have something to do with it and another was i used a public proxy a few times this week could this be causing it? I have not used it since and it keeps happening. I am just worried that its something logging everything i do and my security may be compromised for my forums. I have ran my virus scan and have my firewall up but as i say its like a ghost IP following me (different every time) lol and if i stay logged in OR post, then that IP comes back again but then stay at the time i posted at.

Any ideas?

OmegaJay

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: IP's following me

Post by OmegaJay on February 9th 2013, 12:34 pm

Yep
They refresh every so often and appear in the boards members have visited even though they are closed off to guests. I figure its not a computer virus or anything because i do regular checks for malware. I guess its not a problem as long as nothing is being disturbed. I think it may be an advert google thing or something because of the youtube vid we have on the main page.

OmegaJay

Back to top Go down

Re: IP's following me

Post by Avery on February 10th 2013, 7:15 pm

This is odd, one day i went to see who was online and it showed some guest i looked on the map and showed them in the areas you have said except the Netherlands other was in U.K.

Avery
Forumember

Male Posts : 92

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum