The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Separating forum so it stands out like sticky post

Go down

Separating forum so it stands out like sticky post Empty Separating forum so it stands out like sticky post

Post by Guest January 29th 2013, 4:21 pm

Hi peeps,

I seem to be posting a lot today!

I have been asked to make some changes to the forum and this is another issue I'm not sure how to fix, it might require coding? Or it might be something much easier?

In the below image I would like to take the Forum titled 'POST YOUR CASES HERE' and separate it from the rest, much like sticky posts. Is this possible, and if so how would I achieve this?

Many thanks,
Ash

Separating forum so it stands out like sticky post Screen%20Shot%202013-01-29%20at%2015.15.49

Back to top Go down

Separating forum so it stands out like sticky post Empty Re: Separating forum so it stands out like sticky post

Post by Sir Chivas™ January 29th 2013, 4:25 pm

Hi,

Your only option would be create a Category and the forum by itself..
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 6965
Language : EN, FR, ES

Back to top Go down

Separating forum so it stands out like sticky post Empty Re: Separating forum so it stands out like sticky post

Post by Guest January 29th 2013, 4:36 pm

Seems I did the classic mistake of creating creating several forums - rather than creating a category with the forums within. Oh dear.

It's not an issue. I hope.

I have one last question in relation to the image again. On the header of the browser window the title 'Advanced Orthodontic Solutions' is visible. Is there a way to change this to 'Orthodontic Solutions'

We are paying for some extras within the site and I have been asked to change the title.

Thanks,
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ January 29th 2013, 4:42 pm

Can you please provide the URL of your forum? I want to see if it's an image or text.

If it's text you can change it: ACP >> General >> Configuration >> Forum Title or Description.

Image: ACP >> Display >> Pics Management >> Advance Mode >> First Tab.

Also, take a look into these threads:

https://help.forumotion.com/t3313-categories-and-forums-creation-and-appearance
https://help.forumotion.com/t8322-differences-between-forum-and-category
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 29th 2013, 4:51 pm

Hi CJ11,

I mean the browser window here:
Separating forum so it stands out like sticky post Screen%20Shot%202013-01-29%20at%2015.47.49

It says: 'Free Forum: Advanced Orthodontic Solutions'

We would like it to read 'Orthodontic Solutions'

We have paid for a years subscription for a web address and thought we would lose the 'free'? Is that correct?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ January 29th 2013, 4:53 pm

Ah,

I see. Here:

ACP >> General >> Forum Promotion >> Search Engines
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 29th 2013, 4:55 pm

Many thanks, that was driving me nuts! All corrected now Smile

Very much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ January 29th 2013, 4:56 pm

No problem, my job. Very Happy
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 29th 2013, 4:59 pm

I'm also guessing the only way to fix the creation of several forums is to create a category, then the forums within. Then shift all the posts over. The site is relatively new with very few posts so it's not a major task right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ January 29th 2013, 5:05 pm

Yep, but you don't have to move anything you can attach the forums into the categories you create. Razz
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum