The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Changing the Profile Field Sort Defaults

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress Changing the Profile Field Sort Defaults

Post by MizMizuki on January 30th 2013, 12:05 am

Scanned through the various topics to see if this question had already been asked...

Was wondering if there was a way to customize the parts of the member list's profiles that appear here. I would like to add some customized fields that I created as part as the sorting options to get an overall glance at a particular field.

Thanks!

MizMizuki

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Changing the Profile Field Sort Defaults

Post by SLGray on January 30th 2013, 12:59 am

Sorry it is not possible to add fields to that list. You can change the name of some of the fields in the administration panel.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35613

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MizMizuki on January 30th 2013, 2:04 am

@SLGray wrote:Sorry it is not possible to add fields to that list. You can change the name of some of the fields in the administration panel.

Is there anyway to create a widget to sort by a specified field?

MizMizuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Calιbuяn on January 30th 2013, 2:23 am

Rideem3 wrote:Could you elaborate further?
I believe he wants to create a widget he can place on his forum that will allow members to search for other members much like the built-in search, but through custom options such as the ones he's implemented on his forum.

Calιbuяn
Forumember

Male Posts : 386

http://lazarusexp.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MizMizuki on January 30th 2013, 4:40 am

@Calιbuяn wrote:
Rideem3 wrote:Could you elaborate further?
I believe he wants to create a widget he can place on his forum that will allow members to search for other members much like the built-in search, but through custom options such as the ones he's implemented on his forum.
Yes! That's it.

Rideem3 wrote:This is the HTML of the sort members. You can add this in a widget:
Code:
<form action="/memberlist" method="get"><div class="panel"><div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span><h2 class="h3">Find a user or modify list order</h2><p style="text-align:right; margin: 0; padding: 0;">Username <input type="text" class="inputbox tiny" name="username" maxlength="25" size="20" value="">      Sort by <select name="mode"><option value="lastvisit" selected="selected">Last visit</option><option value="joined">Join date</option><option value="username">Username</option><option value="interests">Hobbies</option><option value="posts">Posts</option><option value="website">Forum (Forumotion only!)</option><option value="groups">Usergroups</option></select>      Order <select name="order"><option value="">Ascending</option><option value="DESC" selected="selected">Descending</option></select>      <input class="button2" type="submit" name="submit" value="Ok"></p><span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div></div></form>
Ok so this will work with my newly created field that doesn't currently show up in sort?
For instances I added a two bar fields that display in the profiles and I would like to be able to sort members and take an overall look at who has what values displayed in the bar scale rather than going from person to person's profile page individually.

MizMizuki

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum