The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Does Forumotion have an Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress Does Forumotion have an Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server?

Post by AlKhatib.QL on February 2nd 2013, 9:15 am

Hello, I have made a new email address under my forum's domain and I want to start checking my email using my iPhone, when adding the email it asks for the Incoming Mail Server (Host Name) and Outgoing Mail Server (Host Name). Am I allowed to be given this kind of information or is it private? If not, please provide me with the following information that I have asked for. Thank you.

AlKhatib.QL

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Does Forumotion have an Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server?

Post by SLGray on February 2nd 2013, 9:17 am

http://help.forumotion.com/t10579-have-a-custom-domain-wwwmydomaincom

Following the acquisition of a domain name, mailboxes become operational for administrators. With a forum in which the domain name is personalized, you can:

• Create 10 email accounts and up to 10 redirections in the admin panel forums (Go to: "Misc >> Email Management").
  • Check and send mails per webmail by logging in to webmail.yourdomain.com

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36639

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlKhatib.QL on February 2nd 2013, 9:25 am

@SLGray wrote:http://help.forumotion.com/t10579-have-a-custom-domain-wwwmydomaincom

Following the acquisition of a domain name, mailboxes become operational for administrators. With a forum in which the domain name is personalized, you can:

• Create 10 email accounts and up to 10 redirections in the admin panel forums (Go to: "Misc >> Email Management").
  • Check and send mails per webmail by logging in to webmail.yourdomain.com

I am aware of that, I've already made my forum email using Misc >> Email Management; however, my question is how am I able to check my email using the "Mail" application on the iPhone, it asks for the Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server hostname.

AlKhatib.QL

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioHead on February 3rd 2013, 5:22 pm

Hi,

unfortunately these details are not known, however if u want to create a re-direction you may
( Go to Administration pane => Misc => Managing mailboxes >> fill out the form >> save. )

If you wish, I'm sure a member of staff can ask Leeloo (who does work in the fm office) to come in and confirm?

RadioHead
Forumember

Language : English (der?)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlKhatib.QL on February 3rd 2013, 5:33 pm

@RadioHead wrote:Hi,

unfortunately these details are not known, however if u want to create a re-direction you may
( Go to Administration pane => Misc => Managing mailboxes >> fill out the form >> save. )

If you wish, I'm sure a member of staff can ask Leeloo (who does work in the fm office) to come in and confirm?

Thanks for your help, my last option is the re-direction; however, if someone sent me an email to my forum email which let's say is something@alkhatib.com and the email which it will redirect to is alkhatib@gmail.com, I am not able to directly reply from my phone with the email of something@alkhatib.com, I'd have to go to the forumotion webmail server. That is my main problem, sorry if it's not clear enough.

AlKhatib.QL

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum